Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the weather forecast is looking nice and I need to get out. I can't just let all the nice riding opportunities pass by while I work in the garage on the new project. Plus, you have to eat.

Anyone interested in meeting up somewhere for lunch this Saturday, June 18? I'm game for anywhere within a 3-4 hr one-way ride for me. That means the western half of MA & CT, southern VT, and even the northern NJ/northeastern PA area (although I don't know a damn thing down there).

Post up if this is interesting.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
So, the weather forecast is looking nice and I need to get out. I can't just let all the nice riding opportunities pass by while I work in the garage on the new project. Plus, you have to eat.

Anyone interested in meeting up somewhere for lunch this Saturday, June 18? I'm game for anywhere within a 3-4 hr one-way ride for me. That means the western half of MA & CT, southern VT, and even the northern NJ/northeastern PA area (although I don't know a damn thing down there).

Post up if this is interesting.
I've got a fiddlers fair to go to starting at 1 in Watkins Glen (family thing)... how about brunch?

Halfway to Woodstock would be Bainbridge (2 hours either way), you'd get the better ride out of it... right through the Catskills - my old stomping ground (Lived in Delhi, Walton and then Oneonta when I was younger). I'd get to drive through Ithaca... yaaa Ithaca (not... it's the shittiest small town in the country to drive in)

Any other Leatherstocking region riders looking for an excuse to go for a ride?

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Is it strange that the first thing I thought when I read the post was that if we do meet for lunch - after I get back I'll be able to make a post along the lines of "Alas poor Yorik, I knew him well"... because I think that's a bit strange.

·
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What time is brunch? Do you know of a place? I've never been to Bainbridge.

Rt. 28 out to Margaretville is boring as shit, but I'm game. Maybe I'll try something off the beaten path on the way home.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
What time is brunch? Do you know of a place? I've never been to Bainbridge.

Rt. 28 out to Margaretville is boring as shit, but I'm game. Maybe I'll try something off the beaten path on the way home.
New York doesn't have the greatest roads sadly, they tend to blow up stuff until they can make them straight instead of just going around it and making the road fun.

How about 10... I'd be heading out around 7:30 that way, should be nice out by then. I've not been to Bainbridge in forever... but there were two cafe's there downtown. S&S seemed reasonable if you're ok with the typical greasy spoon.

·
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The google says it should take me 2 hrs to get there, so I'll leave at 8:00.

Greasy spoon is fine with me. Just as long as they have bacon. :D Oh, and good coffee. I have no tolerance for bad coffee anymore. So, S&S? I also saw Bob's Diner right next to it.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
The google says it should take me 2 hrs to get there, so I'll leave at 8:00.

Greasy spoon is fine with me. Just as long as they have bacon. :D Oh, and good coffee. I have no tolerance for bad coffee anymore. So, S&S? I also saw Bob's Diner right next to it.
I figure one of the two won't suck... we can go in and smell their coffee to decide, life is indeed too short to drink bad coffee.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
I'm at S&S,coffee is too mild but drinkeable. Nice ride over... Perfect weather.

·
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was nice to meet you Dave. Hope your ride back was uneventful. Mine took about an hour longer than it should. I made a wrong turn and didn't realize right away.

I'd been on the roads before and everything looked familiar so I thought I was on the right route. Well, I was. Only I was going in the opposite direction! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I work every Saturday, but usually have Sun-Tue free....I'm always interested in grease and coffee!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts