Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from a 2,000 mile trip on my new sargent seat. My ST came to me with a corbin. The corbin on a similar trip almost had me in tears-literally. After three full days I could barely deal with the seat. SUPER hard in my opinion, the bump in the crotch is uncalled for and overall I give it a F-!!! The Sargent, not an issue. I just did three back to back 8+ hour days and could easily go for more on that seat.

I know this has been covered but for me(and I guess my ass) hands down the Sargent...

Anyone want to buy a corbin with backrest?

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I just returned from a 2,000 mile trip on my new sargent seat. My ST came to me with a corbin. The corbin on a similar trip almost had me in tears-literally. After three full days I could barely deal with the seat. SUPER hard in my opinion, the bump in the crotch is uncalled for and overall I give it a F-!!! The Sargent, not an issue. I just did three back to back 8+ hour days and could easily go for more on that seat.

I know this has been covered but for me(and I guess my ass) hands down the Sargent...

Anyone want to buy a corbin with backrest?
It's good to hear the Sargent worked out for you. I agree, the Sargent is a nice firm ride without being painfully hard.

Anyone what to buy 2 Corbins with backrest? I got one too I'll let go :)

You should do a Ride Tale about your trip.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's my ride tale... It was FRIGGIN SIIIICCCCK!!! Best days on a motorcycle for me EVER. In a nutshell, Tahoe to Murphy's, CA to Carmel, To Fort Bragg To Crater Lake and Back.... You know, your typical NorCal-Souther OR loop....

Too tired right now to write much more at the moment. For whatever reason I hit ZERO traffic on my entire trip. I thought a bomb went off somewhere and people were watching their TV's or something. Crater and Lassen park were EMPTY...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Holy crap, I just got back to the east coast from. Carson city, Stinsen beach, San fran, woodside(Alices Rest) monter, Carmel, Big sur, Murpheys. that place is cool. Sorry but we were on about the same ride. HWY 9, sweet.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice work! From the east coast? How many days/weeks were you on the road?

Next September I'm thinking of circumnavigating the continental US. Not sure how many miles that is but I'm guessing a lot.

Sounds like you hit a lot of hot spots out in CA. Highway 1 is tough to beat. Did you stay on 1 all the way up the coast?

·
Registered
195 Posts
That is funny to yuo both...i just returned my seargent after not being able to find any comfort zone:confused:

I had a Seargent on a Honda ST1300 and it was awesome...so I naturally bought one for my new 2004 ST4S ABS Senna colors and no way jose....either the footprint is too samll or something, buti could not get used to it..so i returned it.

I was about to buy a corbing as it has more of a "bowl" shape that migh fit me better...

Both of..please tell me the specs and colors as i am defintely intersted instead of buying new.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Customize your seat,its easy

If you have a spare seat, remove the cover and get your turkey carver out and some contact cement for the softer foam. Check out diymotorcycleseats. Mine's perfect, lowered the back,raised the front,installed softer foam in the two cheek bone areas and added a heater, topped it off with a sargent cover. The beauty of it is you can experiment with different densities and shapes till you get it just right.
No two butts are the same.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My ass feels your pain of the Corbin. A couple of weeks ago I went from Roseburg,Or to Bucks lake, CA.(The stretch from Red Bluff to lake Almanor was beautiful and fun.) I only could make it about 120 miles Before I had to stop. I did this with a corbin. After I returned home I realized that I should have installed the stock seat. It is deff. A lot softer. I may look into another type of seat before my next long distance ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts