Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post some pics of the new Sargent seat (Black/Black).

Installed flawlessly by the way, no adjustment necessary.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nice pictures but what is the perceived seat height, higher, lower or the same? Ass feel? Do tell, my debit card just got nicked for $489.00 so I assume mine is on the way.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice pictures but what is the perceived seat height, higher, lower or the same? Ass feel? Do tell, my debit card just got nicked for $489.00 so I assume mine is on the way.
Info on the seat height is on the web page (sargent), the seat is .5" higher than stock according to the web page but it doesn't feel that way sitting on it.

The Sargent is 'flatter' which I tend to prefer as the stock seat has a distinct ridge running front to back which catches my riding pants and tends to pull them inward uncomfortably.

The padding, same as with my other sargent (and corbin) seats is initially firmer than stock but doesn't compress like stock so over longer rides it's a distinct improvement.

But then... I prefer aftermarket seats to stock, so my opinions are biased.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Info on the seat height is on the web page (sargent), the seat is .5" higher than stock according to the web page but it doesn't feel that way sitting on it.

The Sargent is 'flatter' which I tend to prefer as the stock seat has a distinct ridge running front to back which catches my riding pants and tends to pull them inward uncomfortably.

The padding, same as with my other sargent (and corbin) seats is initially firmer than stock but doesn't compress like stock so over longer rides it's a distinct improvement.

But then... I prefer aftermarket seats to stock, so my opinions are biased.
It is actually .5 lower than stock as per the web site, that's my worry as I'm 6'1" 34" inseam.

Sargent Cycle Products - Ducati MultiStrada 2010+

MULTISTRADA
REGULAR LOW
STOCK 33.5" 32.5"
SARGENT 33" 32.125"[/IMG]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is actually .5 lower than stock as per the web site, that's my worry as I'm 6'1" 34" inseam.

Sargent Cycle Products - Ducati MultiStrada 2010+

MULTISTRADA
REGULAR LOW
STOCK 33.5" 32.5"
SARGENT 33" 32.125"[/IMG]
Well HELL! That explains why it didn't feel taller :p

It doesn't seem discernibly different imo - but I'm not as tall as you.

.5" one way or the other I'm guessing won't be a deal breaker

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
nice pics, did you change the material in the main section? I thought it would be their carbon fx on all surfaces.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any chance of getting a picture of how it looks with the Sargent front seat and the stock rear?
No problem, but won't be until late Friday. Out of town until then.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just ordered mine today , got hit for an extra 35 bucks, Fl tax, oh well , they are about 4 days behind on these seats so I have a week to wait, really hope this does the trick, about the only bitch I got left with this bike.

·
Registered
195 Posts
just got mine and took a 45 minutes ride. great seat period and way better than stock. i got the rear cargo tray, since i ride by myself and i think it looks rather cool.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Are you guys finding that the seat is pushing you back off the tank? I like the curvature of the stock seat and how it puts you up on the tank. The Sargent seat looks great, but it really looks like it moves you off the tank. Curious if that is true.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Are you guys finding that the seat is pushing you back off the tank? I like the curvature of the stock seat and how it puts you up on the tank. The Sargent seat looks great, but it really looks like it moves you off the tank. Curious if that is true.
It defiantly does , that was my impression .

·
Registered
545 Posts
And that's fine for hard braking at that track of off road riding but not general comfort or touring.
All personal preference I guess. I love the stock seat, save for the foam density. If it had better foam that wasn't prone to compressing into hot spots, it would be perfect for me. But then I'm not doing long touring with the bike.

·
Registered
188 Posts
just got mine and took a 45 minutes ride. great seat period and way better than stock. i got the rear cargo tray, since i ride by myself and i think it looks rather cool.
I only do solorides aswell, so looking at the cargo tray. Does it give more room under the tray? Or is it just to better strap things onto it?

Also how close does it sit to the main seat? Can you feel the cargo tray in the back? Sometimes I get into weird positions on my multi (Long touring), and I rub against the current pillion seat, which is annoying. But atleast the current seat is soft, would be annoyed if I rubbed against the hard plastic of the cargo tray.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts