Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW, what a difference. A must for all.

·
Registered
65 Posts
WOW, what a difference. A must for all.
Glad you like it, what do you notice as the main differences over (under) the stock seat? Why'd you go with sargent rather than Corbin?

I'm looking for a new seat for my 848, it feels like I'm sitting on the frame rails after an hour.

·
9,757 Posts
If you wear armored shorts under your leathers there's no real need for a sargent seat.

They're also really heavy, totally numb (you get no feedback from the bike), and the holes are super easy to crossthread and strip.

I've got two sargent seats for my 748s. Not very happy with them.

I'd prefer a thin DP pad covered in alcantara/suede

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you wear armored shorts under your leathers there's no real need for a sargent seat.

They're also really heavy, totally numb (you get no feedback from the bike), and the holes are super easy to crossthread and strip.

I'd prefer a thin DP pad covered in alcantara/suede
If you would learn to put the screws in straight......:)

Probably weighs a pound more.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you like it, what do you notice as the main differences over (under) the stock seat? Why'd you go with sargent rather than Corbin?

I'm looking for a new seat for my 848, it feels like I'm sitting on the frame rails after an hour.
Sargent has better review than corbin, plus they look better. Sargent has a 30 day trial

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
For track I would stay with stock. Sargent is a better product than Corbin fit and finish and weight wise. Downside to me was the seat was too thick, raising the ride height and throwing more of my weight onto the wrists. For under two hours the stock seat is fine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a Sargeant on my 996 and not a big fan of it. It's too slippery. I'm sliding all over the place. During track days, I replace it with the original seat. It does offer more cushioning, though.

Another minus is that it's really thick and detracts from the smooth lines of the bike. I'm contemplating on selling it and getting another stock mono and get it re-covered with alcantara.

Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
326 Posts
They're also really heavy, totally numb (you get no feedback from the bike)

Downside to me was the seat was too thick, raising the ride height and throwing more of my weight onto the wrists.
I have a Sargeant on my 996 and not a big fan of it. It's too slippery. I'm sliding all over the place.
Bummer, I was thinking about purchasing one of these things. But now I'm not too sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can't stand my Sargent on the 1198. May switch back to stock...which I've been trying to avoid since it wasn't a cheap seat. Waste of money for guys that hug the tank, you have to sit all the way back to hit the actual seating position the seat is set up for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was thinking of ordering one also, but now this thread is making me think twice.. Also there is currently a 3-4 lead time for production on these seats and that eats up too much time in my NY riding season.. I would like to get the Ducati Performance seat but that seems to be another item sold out almost everywhere. UGHHHH

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was thinking of ordering one also, but now this thread is making me think twice.. Also there is currently a 3-4 lead time for production on these seats and that eats up too much time in my NY riding season.. I would like to get the Ducati Performance seat but that seems to be another item sold out almost everywhere. UGHHHH
I heard the performance seat was thinner than the stock. I had the same kind of thought about replacing the stock seat, but i am getting used to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I heard the performance seat was thinner than the stock. I had the same kind of thought about replacing the stock seat, but i am getting used to it.

From what I've heard, it is thinner then the stock seat but made out of a much softer shock absorbing material. The plus side of it is that the outer material supposedly stops you from sliding all over the place and I know when I'm riding on the street I always slide into the tank..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Interesting. I like both Sargents I have, one on the Duc, one on the Honda. Can't say I really notice it being too slippery, or have a problem with the seating position. Haven't used them on the track though.

My main concern was comfort, which they do address.

·
Registered
234 Posts
For track I would stay with stock. Sargent is a better product than Corbin fit and finish and weight wise. Downside to me was the seat was too thick, raising the ride height and throwing more of my weight onto the wrists. For under two hours the stock seat is fine.
i concur.

also, i want to add that i just put a sargeant on my 998 and i have had a corbin in the past. hands down, the sargeant is a much better seat at about the same price. my arse thanks me for it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love mine...I cut some of my Tempurpedic bedding and added to the seat plus my down comforter, I often fall asleep while driving.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts