Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering a Sargent's saddle in the next day or so. I am not really hip Italian flag in the middle of the saddle. Did anyone get their's done differently? I have had one before with the smooth leather and it felt great. I am going to get the new carbonFX surface this time. My wife kept sliding into me with the smooth leather. This should not happen any more.

Flag placement that I dont like. Did anyone get their's done in a different place.

New Leather that I am going with.

The griptex is similar to the corbin saddle. I have ridden on one and it hurt my ass....

·
Registered
118 Posts
1upDuc said:
I am ordering a Sargent's saddle in the next day or so. I am not really hip Italian flag in the middle of the saddle. Did anyone get their's done differently? I have had one before with the smooth leather and it felt great. I am going to get the new carbonFX surface this time. My wife kept sliding into me with the smooth leather. This should not happen any more.

Flag placement that I dont like. Did anyone get their's done in a different place.

New Leather that I am going with.

The griptex is similar to the corbin saddle. I have ridden on one and it hurt my ass....
I have a Sargent on my BMW 1150rs and had them omit the tri-color , wasn't a problem .... I have a Corbin on the ST3s and love it :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Make sure you get the right bolts

note: the two bolts that hold the attachment peg on the back of the seat are smaller on the Sargent Seat, by 1 mm, then stock. Sometimes they include bolts. SOmetimes they don't. Mine did not. being in a rush that day, assuming the stock bolts would fit, I damaged the threads, experienced some frustration, and had to wait until I go the right bolts. I called Sargent the day i was trying to put my seat on and they said "go anywhere" for the bolts. Well, the local Home Depot does not stock recesssed, 5 mm allen bolts with such a narrow thread.

... just wanted you warned when you order and install the seat.

It is comfy though. Both riding single and with passenger. The passenger is more comfortable and less prone to sliding into you.

Have fun,
Mike Emery
03 ST4S

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
881 Posts
I know this has been addressed before, but why are you replacing the seat on the 04'?

The stock gel seat on the 04's and up are great seats. I had a Sargent on my Monster, cause the stock seat sucked. I was good, bit not as good as the seat on my 04' ST4S. I've used Corbin's before on other bikes, pricey, and took a while to break in and IMHO, not as good as, well, you can guess the rest.

Just wondering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.