Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some shots. I haven't had a chance to ride since it's raining out.

The bolt holding the seat is now a captured bolt. It's a bit harder to line up with this set up but not a big deal. The seat is very well made. Fit is a bit odd near the top of the tank cover but there seems to be more padding in that area.

No batteries in the flashlight... not like I'm ever going to use it anyway.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Here are some shots. I haven't had a chance to ride since it's raining out.

The bolt holding the seat is now a captured bolt. It's a bit harder to line up with this set up but not a big deal. The seat is very well made. Fit is a bit odd near the top of the tank cover but there seems to be more padding in that area.

No batteries in the flashlight... not like I'm ever going to use it anyway.

Looks pretty plain! Ha. Hopefully I'll like my red piping better... getting it tomorrow...

b

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
I like my seats in "plain." No need to draw more attention to where my old ass is.

LOL. How does it feel just sitting on it? What did you go from? I've got the DP race seat on mine now...

b

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It felt flat and wide, like it looks. I only sat on it for about 30 seconds so I couldn't tell how it's going to be on a long ride. It also felt taller, but I don't think it is. I really need to take it out for a ride. Damn this rain.

I'm coming off the stock seat. I've been waiting a year and a half for this seat. I held off on buying anything else since I've had experience with a Sargent in the past.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
A year and a half? To hell with rain. I'm surprised you're not shootin' rooster tails right now....

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought their development was going to be a little faster. I kept putting off doing a custom seat figuring it might be worth the wait for them to work out the kinks with this production seat. I can wait one more day.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Looking forward to hearing your comments after a long ride on it. I am interested in getting one. I hope it's alot more comfortable than the stocker.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Mine should be delivered tomorrow, and I've remapped our club ride to nearly 200 miles. Adding in the miles to and from our meeting place, I'll be pushing 300+ on my first ride with it!

It might feel taller than stock because it's flatter and wider, and probably keeps the thighs farther apart.

What's the story with the flashlight?

·
Registered
670 Posts
looks more like a saddle than a seat... I am not liking the looks very much... but then again...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're probably right about the width making it feel taller josephvman.

I don't know what they were thinking with the flashlight. In a lot of their seats they add a little storage tube. I guess one of those wouldn't fit under this seat so they included something a little less useful... unless you want to hide some pills in there.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks more like a saddle than a seat... I am not liking the looks very much... but then again...
I agree about the look too. I really like the look of the stock seat and the Ducati Performance seats but for comfort, this is probably the way to go. I don't know that for sure yet.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I hope it is the way to go for comfort as i just ordered the regular height with red trim. I won't see rain here in SoCal for another 5 months at least so I'll test it the moment it arrives!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts