Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love to get these pipes on my hpr.
wondering if anyone has attempted this? or knows of a shop that may want to build me a set?
feedback and help is much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
just looks like straight pipes to me, any custom bike shop should be able to help. Not gonna be cheap though. Might be better off going with one of the aftermarket options. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
just go to your any of your neighborhood chopper builders....but for true performance and and increase in powerband go with a tuned exhaust system specifically made for bike that has been tested for it.those open pipes like that on a ducati are a bear to get tuned properly.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
dont get me wrong it can be done and for the street and just being loud they would be fine would need to have race ecu and pc.sands builds those bikes to look at and not ride em and most of all showcase theyre latest stuff from pm.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only thing i'm waiting on to complete my project. Gettin ceramic coated now.
Sent an email out to them to see if they want to make me a set.

Mangler, very interested in how loud they are, -please post up once u have them installed.
did u buy the pipes w the Lambda sensor?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any sound clips?? I did a search and can't seem to find anything. Very interested also but concerned with tuning and sound. Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got someone to build em for me

500 to 650 he says.
any suggestions on material I should use?
given that I could easily have them ceramic coated - black
but Titanium does give that nice golden/blue colour.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
BoomTubes look awesome. Just wonder if it's "too" loud?

Anyone, anyone... Bulller...Bueller... Bueller...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I seem to recall one of the cycle mags testing the Sands bike and noting that it was really, obnoxiously, loud.

Dunno - Probably a sign of my advanced age, but I'm a big fan of throaty but relatively quiet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts