Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Based on FP1/FP2, Dovi looks like a guy who isn't gonna take no for an answer.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I'll post top 3 later, but I have a feeling MM crashes this race. Either him or Rossi, but probably MM. We know Crutchlow is going down.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Scorching couple of laps by JLo. "Your Jack" looked good too! If the "Old Lorenzo" shows up on sunday, this could be a boring race. I have to hand it to Ducati, the 1-2 punch of JLo and Dovi has Marquez on his heels, he doesn't have the bike to beat them right now. Too bad this couldn't have happened earlier in the season.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
don't you mean the 1-2 punch of JL and JM?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I've already said that with the loss of available points from the cockup at Silverstone the championship is over. It's MM and nobody else. Of course, mathematically, this is not true. But, for it to be a Ducati rider, we need JL or AD on the top two steps at every race for the rest of the season. JM on the third step tomorrow would be of great help. DP needs to pull his finger out and make it Ducati 1-4. While I'm daydreaming, Pirro for a 1-5.

·
Registered
204 Posts
we need JL or AD on the top two steps at every race for the rest of the season.
Lorenzo will win tomorrow
Marquez second and 3rd is up for grabs
don't think Miller will make the podium, but for me I would love to see him take third.

As I have said on this forum previously, Jorge Lorenzo's skill in developing the bike pretty much goes un-noticed by the motorcycle press
my thoughts are that he developed the Yamaha to be THE best bike in the paddock
now that he has been gone from Yamaha for nearly 2 years Rossi has turned it into a POS
it has taken Lorenzo a little bit longer than everyone expected, but now we see the Ducati as THE best bike in the paddock

As far as Rossi goes, Jeremy Burgess shed some light on the subject one night on Fox sports here in Australia
I can't remember verbatim, but in a nutshell he said that Rossi needs to be told what direction to take as far as development goes
and then stick with that direction untill they can see the results, whether they are moving forward or not
Burgess said that those around Rossi are to scared to tell him what to do (I think that is why Rossi sacked Burgess)

the question has to be asked
why would you sack a guy like Jeremy Burgess?

here is an excerpt from Wikipedia:
"Since July 1980, these riders have won 157 GP/MotoGP races (as at 2 November 2009) and a total of fourteen World Championships on motorcycles that "JB" has either prepared himself or whose preparation he has overseen as crew chief. Burgess's machinery have achieved over 280 podium finishes."

·
Registered
297 Posts
Lorenzo will win tomorrow
Marquez second and 3rd is up for grabs
don't think Miller will make the podium, but for me I would love to see him take third.

As I have said on this forum previously, Jorge Lorenzo's skill in developing the bike pretty much goes un-noticed by the motorcycle press
my thoughts are that he developed the Yamaha to be THE best bike in the paddock
now that he has been gone from Yamaha for nearly 2 years Rossi has turned it into a POS
it has taken Lorenzo a little bit longer than everyone expected, but now we see the Ducati as THE best bike in the paddock

As far as Rossi goes, Jeremy Burgess shed some light on the subject one night on Fox sports here in Australia
I can't remember verbatim, but in a nutshell he said that Rossi needs to be told what direction to take as far as development goes
and then stick with that direction untill they can see the results, whether they are moving forward or not
Burgess said that those around Rossi are to scared to tell him what to do (I think that is why Rossi sacked Burgess)

the question has to be asked
why would you sack a guy like Jeremy Burgess?

here is an excerpt from Wikipedia:
"Since July 1980, these riders have won 157 GP/MotoGP races (as at 2 November 2009) and a total of fourteen World Championships on motorcycles that "JB" has either prepared himself or whose preparation he has overseen as crew chief. Burgess's machinery have achieved over 280 podium finishes."
I agree with you on JLo's contribution to making the Ducati better. I'm not taking anything away from Dovi or Piro, but JLo has had an impact on making it a better all around bike. My theory on why Honda signed JLo:
1. Marquez wants him off the Ducati.
2. Honda wants him to develop the chassis so it will work with a wider range of front tires in hot conditions. It currently only works with the hard in hot conditions (sometimes).

RAT

·
Registered
204 Posts
Marquez wants him off the Ducati.
Marquez will want Lorenzo off the Honda when he starts beating him :laugh:

I predict that Lorenzo will win at least 4 more GP's (including today) by the end of the season
He will be the only rider to come close to getting the title out of the hands of Marquez

Roll on next year, it is going to be very exciting
The top 2 riders on the same machinery, and new size motors and a new motor manufacturer in Moto 2

·
comrade moderator
27,330 Posts
San Marino Results:

Dovi
Marquez
Crutchlow
Rins
Vinales
Pedrosa
Rossi
Iannone
Bautista
Zarco

Miller threw it away early, Lorenzo late after a great scrap with Marquez. Dovi checked out.

·
Official Retired Person
7,510 Posts
Bein Sports and DirecTV are having a dispute so I can't watch the race.

Last week was bad enough with an English paving company forgetting that it rains sometimes in England. Now we got a pissing contest to listen to. Arggggggghhhhhhhh!!!

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Crutchlow said he ought to be banned for life. I say he sits for the rest of this season and all of next, at minimum. Moronic.

Reactions: bloodycrashboy
1 - 20 of 35 Posts