Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Glad to be here.

I'm a Michigan expat now living in San Francisco. IT drone unit by day and motorcycle lover by night. About 4 years ago I walked by a black 2008 Buell XB12s on the street after not riding at all since I was a wee lad tearing down old former railroad grades in the Upper Peninsula with a Suzuki 125 dirtbike. The minute I saw that Buell, I had to have one. A True Moto love at first sight reaction. Mostly centered around Eric Buell's eye for design, and not any abiding love for HD. I bought a 2009 XB12Ss shortly thereafter.

I loved it. Then again I was easily impressed. At the same time I certainly became addicted to the immediate low RPM torque and roar of that Jurassic 1200cc vtwin at WOT. I rode some inline 4 UJMs, and even an S1000rr and they didn't impress. Just not enough immediate torque and the engines sounded like a trip to the dentist. Not for me. No lust, no love, Dr. Jones.

I have seen a number of people with Buells here in their sig lines, so I'm guessing I'm not alone in this regard. Didn't take too many dyno graphs to conclude that Ducati is where I belonged if I was looking for a functional upgrade on all fronts. Quality suspension. Lightness. Brutal low RPM torque, high HP, and something beautiful to ride and behold.

As such I took leave of my senses and last week bought a new 2012 Streetfighter S. Could not be happier. I can just stare at it and giggle like a schoolgirl with a crush. What an amazing machine. This is better than I thought a motorcycle or motorcycling could actually be, and I own it. Teehee. What a feeling. I really didn't think the Buell could be so objectively beaten on all fronts, but so it is.

I still have the Buell but the carnivalic thrill-ride of the Duc has certainly taken my impression of it down a peg. Twice the bike for twice the money, I guess.

I've been lurking for a while and I look forward to being a presence here in da threads. Thanks guys. Cheers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts