Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing the major service, on my MTS, and with her approaching the magical 100,000 mile mark, I decided to replace the coolant hoses. Why? Well, there was zippo info on this topic, e.g. How do you know WHEN you should change em/etc., So, I decided to err on the side of caution and ordered SAMCO hoses....Hard Racing had the red set $75 off. No biggie swapping em out, as I had the bike apart. So, why am I boring you with this post? Simple: I swear the bike is running cooler. Yesterday was the first day I had the chance to ride her in any type of temps (5 previous rides the temps never broke 52), when I went out 36 to Redding. I forgot what riding in warm weather was like.....87 and I swear bike temp was running 5-7 degrees cooler.

Anybody do this swap and notice this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cooler running temps with silicone hoses is one of the main reasons people swap, especially racers. I've got Samco hoses on my Street Triple, but since I live in Alaska, I don't really pay much attention to my coolant temperature, lol. I did it for the bling factor and because the stock hoses were getting old.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts