Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a set of Samco hoses for my 2000 748 and just wondering how much work it is to install them. Do you need to pull the tank and airbox? Any tips? Thanks,John

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered a set of red hoses and the Samco clamps. Since the bike is 9 years old I needed to replace the hoses anyway. I know I will need to slide the tank back to fill the resevoir but if I need to remove the air box then I would also replace all fuel hoses and o-rings....John

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeh, while it's all out, do the fuel filter too and the hoses inside, then do the spark plugs, and if the belts haven't been changed, well, you're almost there so why not replace them too hhehe..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just had the belts changed last week. The week before the fork,brake and clutch fluids changed and tires replaced. My Ohlins shock is out now for service and I just changed oil and filter. The hose are next on my list and will do the fuel filter. As I usually had 4-5 bikes at any time this became a garage queen with only 4000 miles in 9 years. I considered trading it in on an 848 and was shocked at what they would give me for it so I decided to service it and ride it. My current stable has dwindled to an 08 S4Rs and my 999s. Thanks for any help....John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts