Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Approximate value on 08 Monster S21000 w/ 2289 miles minor damage Straight title??Termi Carbon pipes?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am sure there might be a real answer to this but I have althought thought a salvage title is like the insurance that didn't pay for it. How much risk are you willing to put into it?

If you can ensure the frame is straight and in no way manipulated and the replacement parts won't drive up the cost to what a brand new one is worth, then go for it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It depends, are the forks bent, subframe bent, frame bent, swingarm bent? If so the insurance company will consider it a total loss motorcycle. even if it is just a small bend in the swingarm. Insurance companies will not try to repair structurual damage of any kind, so they total out the bike and the value drops by more than half. So to answer your question the bike is only worth what the insurance will sell the bike back to the owner for... maybe worth a few hundred more at most.

·
Registered
142 Posts
hahahaha... new that one was going to show up here!

in all honesty, if the price is right, you have ridden it and can ensue nothing is seriously bent (if you cant verify it for yourself bring it to a shop), and your going to keep it for a while just buy it assuming its less than 5k there a sooo many parts around for these bike you cant go wrong.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Nobody seems to want to answer your question. Not enough info provided. Why is it totaled, what is damaged? Cosmetic or structual[frame, susp. engine]? I have seen some for sale that have very little cosmetic damage, and some that are only good for parts.
A good straight frame with title is worth maybe $600.00 tops. Wheels $500. Swingarm etc. $600. Forks $400. Guages $200. Headlight assm. $200.
These are probably top dollar prices as I have seen on Ebay, maybe a little higher available here in the classifieds. If the bike only has cosmetic damage[ fuel tank, rear set, clip on or handle bar, clutch or brake master, headlight] I would go as high as $4000.00 possibly. Depending on what is actually needed. It all depends on what is needed, time and parts, and ultimate value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts