Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a salvage title 2013 848. Looking to turn into something similar to the Shed X Malizia (http://thebikeshed.cc/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/malizia1.jpg).

I already contacted Shed X to purchase the subframe and tailsection. Does anyone know where I can get the exhaust they used? It appears it is using a Spark Megaphone can. The rest might be custom. Any ideas on getting as much of the electronics underneath the tail? I was thinking about purchasing a streetfighter wire harness and starting there. Any ideas?

The headlight appears to be a Yamaha MT-03 bucket. Not sure where the taillight or bracket are sourced from. Any info would be much appreciated if someone has already been down this path.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Add picture

Maybe if I add a picture I can get more responses. The bike finally arrived and it appears as advertised except it doesn't start. I'm hoping it is just a battery issue. Any recommendations on getting the battery in the tail section? I am either looking at a 12 cell Anti gravity or something similar to this (http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/132280-under-seat-battery-mounting-motolectric-kit.html). Any recommendations welcome. I have the subframe, tailsection and seat pan coming from Shed X and am waiting for those to figure out how much I can fit under the new tailsection.

I'll keep ya'll posted as I continue to make progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
thats good looking cafed bike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing happened when I first got the bike. It was dead. I put it on a batter tender for the evening. When I tried the next day the front and back lights turned on. The dash lit but was completely blank. Nothing happened when I hit the starter. I emailed the person I purchased it from and they said they had to use a jumper pack to get it started so they are sure it is just a dead battery. I want to get it started ASAP but I don't want to purchase a replacement battery until I know what I need to relocate it under the Shed X tailsection.

·
Registered
271 Posts
First off, I LOVE IT. Secondly, I need to find out where you are getting this subframe and I will look after posting this. Third, the exhaust issue I would just either keep it where it is at or contact a place like Stradafab that creates custom exhausts for our bikes. Have you considered about how you are going to relocate the front stuffs and what you're going to do for the intakes?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moto, thanks for the link. I need to figure out what I'm doing for the exhaust but I'll keep that can in mind. I think I will be contacting Stradafab to do the exhaust.

As far as the headlight I think I'm going to go with the LSL urban headlight. Will need to come up with a bracket to mount the dash panel. The air intakes are either going to be stock that are cutoff with a piece of mesh to cover the inlet or purchase an aftermarket streetfighter cover. I'm assuming those bolt up the same way.

I'm really waiting for the Shed X parts to arrive before I do a whole lot more. I'll continue to post pics when I get a chance.

I ordered an Antigravity 12 cell battery so I'm hoping to get the bike running soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shed X use Barrett Exhausts in Australia for the headers and mid pipe, which they then connect to the Spark muffler.

Barrett Products - Australian Made Motorbike Exhausts and Panniers - Home

The Shed X guys lurk around Ducati.ms, a couple of their previous build timeline stories have been posted on here so you could PM them or contact them via their FB page as I'm pretty sure they can sell you one :)

I like the way you're going with your build, I'm looking at doing the same to my 848 in the future, likely to go a bit mental and do the 1040 big bore kit at the same time!!

I personally think this version built by Nathan Stiles is the best I've seen...and he, like you, modelled his off "malizia" https://rocket-garage.blogspot.co.nz/2015/12/1098-cafe-racer.html.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the reply. I will contact Barrett and see what they can do. I did not have any luck with Stradafab as he has some new projects underway so this is timely. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
LSL headlight installed

I have been out of motorcycling for 10 years so it had been a long time since I have pulled the forks off a motorcycle. Everything went pretty smoothly putting the LSL headlight on. Next project is to get the dash installed and clean up the oil cooler mounts.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts