Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to use this weekends track day to try to dial in my D16RR. Straight line stability was iffy until I added 2 clicks to the steering damper, the bike also has a small habit of running slightly wide at corner exit, probably becasue I have too much sag at the rear of the bike. Other than 16.5 wheels and KR106/KR108 slicks the chassis is set up as delivered (which is probably less than optimal with the wheel and tire changes).

Anyone have any useful guidelines on setting up the chassis of the D16RR? Even basic sag numbers would be useful. Mr. Stoner is not returning my calls.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
You can always start with 35mm up front and 30mm in the rear. Compare free sag vs. rider sag to confirm spring rates. I suppose you can't go wrong starting with the basics when you don't have a reference.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There's a problem I wish I had...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The irony is that it is probably the purest track bike, but as almost nobody races one it is difficult to get good setup information for it.

The 35/30mm suggestion is a good starting point.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
There's a problem I wish I had...
+1... setting up a bike won't take ya that long... if you need a hand setting your bike up, let me know.. i'll meet ya there and trade some knowledge for a couple laps... :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
We have set up a few for fast club guys. What do you weigh? The forks have 10.5's so are stiff for most, go for 38 to 40mm ft. sag and 25 to 28mm rear. But in the end you will also need a set of 16.5's or 17's to get good tires on it, otherwise is futile.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, will start with your numbers. I agree, the bike needed different wheels and tires, with the BST carbon 16.5 inch wheels and good slicks it made a world of difference. The front feels great, but the rear squats on corner exit, makes holding a tight line more difficult. I run too much sag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts