Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,
So the circlip that goes on the rear axle nut on 1098/1198/1199/streetfighter doesn't have the same configuration as other circlips in that the the two ends dovetail into each other. For the life of me can't figure out how to safety wire these ends.

Could some kind soul who has done this please take a pic and post?
Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
183 Posts
HI All,
So the circlip that goes on the rear axle nut on 1098/1198/1199/streetfighter doesn't have the same configuration as other circlips in that the the two ends dovetail into each other. For the life of me can't figure out how to safety wire these ends.

Could some kind soul who has done this please take a pic and post?
Thanks!
Chris
This bit?

Zip tie the ends together. Never failed me in years of road and track riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's the tough part, because the way the ends fit into each other I can't see of a way to do it, also the ends are curved a bit instead of sharp angled.

I'll figure something out.

Zip tie the ends together.

·
Registered
729 Posts
The way a 1x98 circlip hooks together at the end like safety pins, safety wiring shouldn't really be necessary. If your trackday or racing organizations specifically require it then throw some around the end loops the best you can.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pjonte, thanks very much!

The way a 1x98 circlip hooks together at the end like safety pins, safety wiring shouldn't really be necessary. If your trackday or racing organizations specifically require it then throw some around the end loops the best you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts