Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about this company - 'safer-turn.com' ? I ordered their brake system and they've gone ghost on me.

I emailed them prior to ordering and they ensured me everything would ship as the website claimed (4-9 days delivery).

It's been a month and now the website is in limbo and any email requests get bounced or auto-responded from zendesk (generic support utility).

Seems like they've got some soured reviews about support on amazon too.. I should've known better.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought one of their tracker systems (Slovakian company, motorcycle tracker, phone app, subscription based, what could go wrong..?)
And I've been pleasantly surprised.

It did take a couple months to get to me, apparently there was an issue with their shipper.
When it did arrive: good packaging, good instructions, well built.
It works about 95% of the time, and may update a trip after a day or two.
It doesn't have all the features they promised, but it's receiving regular updates and seems to be working better all the time.

I'd contact them via facebook, they seem to be pretty responsive to their social media.
I'm still considering the turn signal device, since the tracker has proven to be pretty good for the money.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad that's working for you @PapaWoody.

I had ordered their brakelight modulator (turns it on/flashes for engine braking) and was going to try the turn signal one too but it wasn't available to order.

The operation seems too flaky for me so I submitted a request through Paypal to investigate and they agreed, refunding my money within a day...

·
Registered
854 Posts
If you're still looking for a brake light modulator, I highly recommend Vizitec. They're plug and play, so can be added or removed quickly without having to cut wires, etc. I run one on both my ST and MTS. Support is great, too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're still looking for a brake light modulator, I highly recommend Vizitec.
Thanks, I checked out their homepage ...

is a fusion of all things two wheeled (especially naked air cooled Italian motorcycles)
... it's like they wrote their homepage just for me! lol

one thing that drew me to the safer-turn product though was it responds to deceleration too:

I don't see that mentioned on the vizitec product(s)

·
Registered
854 Posts
one thing that drew me to the safer-turn product though was it responds to deceleration too:
Agreed -that is a cool feature.

Bernard (at Vizitec) is his own boss. He might just do it if you ask. Probably a long shot but you never know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@ras, I have had a similar experience with these guys too! They seem to be lousy at communication and really hit and miss with their customer service. I placed an order for the Smart Brake Sensor over a month ago. Similar to you, I was worried by their automated replies and the lack of response.

However, just today, I have received my Smart Brake Sensor. I was ready to write it off, but amazingly it arrived. It has been in transit since 19/7/21. I'm including some photos to prove that it is possible to get something out of them.

So don't lose hope just yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts