Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am regrettably selling my 2001 ST4, which I absolutely love, but Atlanta's roads/drivers have just become too dangerous and I want to switch my focus to either back to the track(street) or upgrade my dirtbike to something more modern, as I am really enjoying off road riding as well. I will still have my little hyper to play with on the street and in the mountains.

If I go the track bike option, I want something reliable but somewhat unique. I had always just had the run of the mill, pretty much stock w an exhaust, inline 4 600's. I do have a line on a 2007 CBR600rr with full race quality Ohlins (not exactly sure what forks/shock yet), but that may be a little out of my price range and isnt really any different then what I am use to. If you could have a track bike, what would you get? Keep in mind, I am not looking in invest a large amount of money into the bike, say 4-5k. Ive heard the SS 1000s make excellent track bikes but have never ridden one

If I go the off road option, ill probably try and hunt down a street legal ktm, wish I could afford the newer street legal ktm 350 thumper. But something like this would be sick too! Want to be able to explore on the bike when i choose so street legal would be nice.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/d/ktm-640-adventure-2006/6572699211.html

Wish we had some better supermoto appropriate tracks around here, then I could get both my fixes with one bike haha

Everyone have a safe weekend!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I am regrettably selling my 2001 ST4, which I absolutely love, but Atlanta's roads/drivers have just become too dangerous and I want to switch my focus to either back to the track(street) or upgrade my dirtbike to something more modern, as I am really enjoying off road riding as well. I will still have my little hyper to play with on the street and in the mountains.

If I go the track bike option, I want something reliable but somewhat unique. I had always just had the run of the mill, pretty much stock w an exhaust, inline 4 600's. I do have a line on a 2007 CBR600rr with full race quality Ohlins (not exactly sure what forks/shock yet), but that may be a little out of my price range and isnt really any different then what I am use to. If you could have a track bike, what would you get? Keep in mind, I am not looking in invest a large amount of money into the bike, say 4-5k. Ive heard the SS 1000s make excellent track bikes but have never ridden one

If I go the off road option, ill probably try and hunt down a street legal ktm, wish I could afford the newer street legal ktm 350 thumper. But something like this would be sick too! Want to be able to explore on the bike when i choose so street legal would be nice.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/d/ktm-640-adventure-2006/6572699211.html

Wish we had some better supermoto appropriate tracks around here, then I could get both my fixes with one bike haha

Everyone have a safe weekend!

Suzuki SV650. All the character with all the reliability - and aftermarket/track/race support.

2002 Yamaha FZ1
1998 Ducati ST2 apocalypse edition

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Suzuki SV650. All the character with all the reliability - and aftermarket/track/race support
Thanks for the feedback. Ive had a few sv's and love the little bikes. If I can find one w nice suspension, that may be a good contender. The torque of an 900/1000/1100 desmo would sure be fun tho. I prefer the slower, more technical tracks like barber or little tally, so handling def tops power.

Reactions: SO FUN

·
Registered
479 Posts
1000 SuperSport w/the dual spark motor then?

2002 Yamaha FZ1
1998 Ducati ST2 apocalypse edition

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1000 SuperSport w/the dual spark motor then?
I like the way u think. If can find one in the southeast after the ST sells, that may be the ticket, man.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
After over 20 years of owning Ducatis only, I had been thinking about what Ducati I'd like as a track bike.

Then I ran across an ad for a 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R. OZ forged aluminum wheels, Ohlins suspension front and rear, plus steering damper, Brembo radial caliper brakes... all for under $4k. I got interested in it as a parts bike for a 900ss. Then I thought I may as well try it out as a track bike on it's own.

Pics from the ad:

Here's how it sits now, I still have under $5k into it. I think. I haven't added it up...

Now I'm thinking if I blow it up I'll figure out how to put the forks and wheels on my 851 and part out the rest.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After over 20 years of owning Ducatis only, I had been thinking about what Ducati I'd like as a track bike.
I have a friend with an rsv mille and it is a great bike. Your R is on a different level. I will keep an eye out for one. Thanks for the input

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
The R is amazing! EXCELLENT track bike. Good luck trying to blow up that Rotax motor.

Reactions: HyperJB
1 - 8 of 8 Posts