Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I getting answers both ways on this question so I thought I would ask here. Did the '04 St4s ABS come with saddlebags standard or were they optional?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I thought bikes came standard with the bikes sold in USA. Mine came with it in 05.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
allikanbe said:
I thought hard bags came standard with the bikes sold in USA. Mine came with it in 05.
(Allikanbe: I took the liberty of correcting your typo when quoting you.)

Correct as far as ST models sold in the US since at least 2001, the year of my first ST.
Yet another reason to fill in the user profiles. We have no idea where the person who orignally asked the question resides.

·
Registered
392 Posts
The bags coming standard helped me decide on getting my '04 ST4s. I was looking at either an '05 Triumph Sprint or the Duc. Triumph had the better base price but wanted an extra $1K for what turned out to be really crappy bags.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My '04 bike came with saddle bags. I was looking at the Sprint too but I wanted the bags, not that I've put them on yet! lol

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't use mine much, but when I need them they are wonderful to have. For daily riding/commuting I just use a small tank bag. For weekend trips the bags are awesome.

·
Registered
825 Posts
ST Bags

Camplatz, All STs sold in the US since MY 2000 are supposed to be sold w/bags. Of course I bought a '99 & had to spend $800. on bags (1st ST). Oh well, I just had to have it! Gregg

2004 ST4s

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saddle bags

Thanks guys. It is a USA bike. The dealer's service manager had two Ducati boxes in his office. He didn't know what they were for. Now he knows. I apparently got the last new dry clutch red St4 in the USA.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Congrats

Camplatz, Congratulations on the new ST. I can't imagine you not loving it. Let us know how everything goes. Gregg

'04 ST4s
'95 916
'93 888SPO
'01 FLHRi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts