Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you know those rubber spacers that are part of the mounting hardware for the saddle bags/panniers? Mine have magically disappeared. Will it do damage to any part by not having them? Have a long ride planned for this weekend and want to be sure before I go.

Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you are talking about the ones on the bottom that locate the panniers then yes it is a problem.
But one way to just get you through this week it to tape the area with some electrical tape to stop them rattling about. ;)

·
Registered
602 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
i lost one too... dealer replaced it for free with some other work being done. I have glued it in place now. for the time it was gone, I just had a couple of wraps of bicycle innertube wound around the end and taped tight with electrical tape. worked like a bought one!

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
Dr. Greg cut down a walnut tree and made one...

Glue them suckers on with some 3M Weather stripping glue, along with the lift handle for using the center stand.
Ask the dealer to replace they should not fall off.

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
mine fell off too. They're about $7 apiece. Until I get some 3M weatherstripping glue to permanently mount them I have been keeping them under my seat when the panniers are off.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. I will see what Macgyver like tactics I can come up with for the temporary fix, file a claim with my dealer.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
A bunch of rounds of duct tape will work great to keep it on there solid until you get a new part..... Black Duct tape even matches nice and doesnt look too out of place

I lost one the first week i had my multi and my duct tape fix lasted 2 months and many pannier removals/replacments until i decided to get another rubber one. I have since glued them both on with the 3m glue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sidebags, shifter and center stand rubber are all weak.
Glue or Dr. Gregs' (walnut shims are elegant) He posted pics a few days ago.
--cheers

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 10 of 10 Posts