Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Sad....

2K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  rcrob 
#1 ·
That it takes rain and wet track conditions to make MotoGP exciting right now...

#8 ·
Yes, I'm happy for him as well and I knew it wasn't him last year, he had proven himself before on other bikes as a world class racer. Theres something difficult about taming the GP9, at least that seems to be the blog topic as of late since Marco isn't the only one that had trouble adapting to it. Like I suspect, Casey gos with the flow on the bike, doesn't muscle it. I've always felt Nicky's riding style would be good for the bike, but a string of bad luck doesn't help. He has shown highlights and I'm still confident he will get better as the season progresses. I'm almost tempted to go to Laguna this year just to watch him.

I assume the weather outlook for Miller is going to be desert hot and you never know about the inland Laguna. Remember the heat wave, was that 06? Thank god I didn't go, my 916 would have certainly blew up.

#5 ·
The race was OK, but after watching it on TV I'm really glad we decided not to drive down there to watch. I would have been totally confused if I were watching that trackside. Hell, it was confusing enough on TV with multiple cameras and commentators.

Like the others said though, I'm happy for Melandri. Man, that guy must really feel vindicated right now. I wonder how Stoner felt getting passed by him though.

#10 ·
MotoGP: 3 winners in 4 races
WSBK: 3 winners in 12 races

MotoGP: Top 4 riders separated by 9 points
WSBK: Top 2 riders separated by 85 points

MotoGP: At least 4 legitimate title contenders
WSBK: One guy clearly running away with the title

You guys must be missing something... :alien:

#13 ·
Even the wet race was BORING!!!! :sleep:

World Superbike wasn't as impressive this weekend as it usually is, but still, it was entertaining and the contention, especially top 5, was pretty busy.

Its funny how the points gap in MotoGP has evened out, now its time for someone to get on the horse. Too bad the next race is the Italian one and Rossi wants to win BADLY!

#17 ·
He made three changes: Once to change from wets to slicks, then he crashed on the slicks. He went back in and got back on the bike with wets. He then got the ride through. Then he went back in to change from the bike with wets, to his crashed bike (which had been repaired) with slicks.

#25 ·
I don't think motogp sucks. There have been some good races and some that where a bit more processional. The same can be said for world suberbikes. You have to remember you are getting twice the racing with WSBK as you get with MotoGP and along with that the riders and teams get a chance to essentially practice the race, go back and look at the race data and then repeat it. MotoGP, you roll the dice and you get what you get. I personally have enjoyed the motoGP series this year, but it hasn't been all edge of your seat action; neither has world superbikes.

#26 ·
To be honest I like MotoGP better, I just don't enjoy it as much anymore. I bought the package video deal and it's pretty cool. I think the rookies to satellite teams in their first year is a good stop gap until the racing gets closer. In my 'professional' opinion, I believe the limited tire rule spread out the bikes more than the drop to 800cc. Michelin one off tires versus the ever improving Bridgestones made for some good racing. Loris on the Bridgestones was looking good in 2006 versus Hayden and Rossi until he got hurt in that massive wreck in...Catalunya?

#27 ·
I think the racing will tighten up in GP's but probably not until next year. A lot of teams have bridgestone data at every track, but just as many don't. Even though the spec 'stones aren't as good as the "special"tires they made last year the teams with data still have an advantage in knowing a bit about how their bikes react with those tires. So far though the GP races haven't been foregone conclusions which is good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.