Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That it takes rain and wet track conditions to make MotoGP exciting right now...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I didn't think that was an exciting race at all. Very spread out an just overall a mess.

I'm happy for Marco though.

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
MotoGP sucks, 250 is is the new 990!

·
Registered
457 Posts
The race was OK, but after watching it on TV I'm really glad we decided not to drive down there to watch. I would have been totally confused if I were watching that trackside. Hell, it was confusing enough on TV with multiple cameras and commentators.

Like the others said though, I'm happy for Melandri. Man, that guy must really feel vindicated right now. I wonder how Stoner felt getting passed by him though.

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
Yeah, Dorna isn't too bright, but in my personal opinion I think they're influenced by Honda in an unethical way.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
I didn't think that was an exciting race at all. Very spread out an just overall a mess.

I'm happy for Marco though.
Yes, I'm happy for him as well and I knew it wasn't him last year, he had proven himself before on other bikes as a world class racer. Theres something difficult about taming the GP9, at least that seems to be the blog topic as of late since Marco isn't the only one that had trouble adapting to it. Like I suspect, Casey gos with the flow on the bike, doesn't muscle it. I've always felt Nicky's riding style would be good for the bike, but a string of bad luck doesn't help. He has shown highlights and I'm still confident he will get better as the season progresses. I'm almost tempted to go to Laguna this year just to watch him.

I assume the weather outlook for Miller is going to be desert hot and you never know about the inland Laguna. Remember the heat wave, was that 06? Thank god I didn't go, my 916 would have certainly blew up.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
MotoGP: 3 winners in 4 races
WSBK: 3 winners in 12 races

MotoGP: Top 4 riders separated by 9 points
WSBK: Top 2 riders separated by 85 points

MotoGP: At least 4 legitimate title contenders
WSBK: One guy clearly running away with the title

You guys must be missing something... :alien:

·
Registered
2,456 Posts

+10000

·
Registered
628 Posts

clearly the stats you post, although true, give no inclination as to the excitement of the actual racing. Motogp racing is just plain boring. This past race was somewhat entertaining due to all the bike changes and weather problems. Watching haga/spies/fabrizio duke it out every race has been very entertaining. Yes haga has a big points lead but many races have bee won in the last few laps and in some cases, in the last corner. This weekend was no different. I'll watch wsb racing over motogp anyday. Even rossi is thinking about making the switch to wsb. At least that's what roadracing world reports......I'd love to see that!

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
I think Moto GP won this weekend. I recorded WSBK which was good as I fell asleep midway through race two...and yes Rossi is getting to that age where he joins the "past champions". WSBK has rocked this year, not all races will be stellar though.

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts

True of course, but the racing was way closer in WSBK. MotoGP races are parades almost everytime with a different dominating rider each race. 250s are dog fights though, which is good.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
It was kind of wierd watching Rossi change bikes twice plus a ride through, that must have been the first time that happened
He made three changes: Once to change from wets to slicks, then he crashed on the slicks. He went back in and got back on the bike with wets. He then got the ride through. Then he went back in to change from the bike with wets, to his crashed bike (which had been repaired) with slicks.

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
He made three changes: Once to change from wets to slicks, then he crashed on the slicks. He went back in and got back on the bike with wets. He then got the ride through. Then he went back in to change from the bike with wets, to his crashed bike (which had been repaired) with slicks.
Too bad he didn't get a even a point for it. Atleast he's only one down.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Too bad he didn't get a even a point for it. Atleast he's only one down.
Yeah, only one point between the top three in the championship. At this point there isn't a clear leader and is pretty much a toss up. I'm thinking Lorenzo...

·
9,757 Posts

Sorry, your stats misrepresent the actual level of excitment in the two series.

When was the last time the lead was challenged on the last lap of a GP race? Last lap changes are common fare in WSBK. It's exciting as hell. In WSBK you get race-long battles all throughout 1st to tenth place, as opposed to the spaced out parade racing that you get in GP.

Plus, there are way more manufacturers evenly spaced out on the grid. Look at Monza, there were suzukis, yamahas, hondas, ducs, and apes all over the place.

The motogp parade and its 30 second margins between riders is booooooring.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts