Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Hold out for more cash ... the older F1098's are worth far more than the newer versions...

·
1,765 Posts
I would say it is not the best time to sell. Everyone it seems lost their minds with Panigale. I see a lot of owners selling their 1098/848 superbikes, Streetfighters and monsters just to free up a garage floor for soon to be delivered Pani.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I would say it is not the best time to sell. Everyone it seems lost their minds with Panigale.

+1

I am one of those going crazy but not being able to afford such a machine helps!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Hold out for more cash ... the older F1098's are worth far more than the newer versions...
Is that based on something other than personal opinion? Reason I'm asking is I've seen a few 2010 S not selling for more than 11k

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is that based on something other than personal opinion? Reason I'm asking is I've seen a few 2010 S not selling for more than 11k

Damn.. I wish I could've found one for sub 11's... Closest in my area was 2 states away and to include shipping would negate any kind of savings of a lower priced SF.

OP, what do you plan on getitng? I don't think you've had your SF for long, have you?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I dont plan on getting a Panigale.....so much money.....to fast to not get in trouble, but I was offered $12k for the SF.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Well I dont plan on getting a Panigale.....so much money.....to fast to not get in trouble, but I was offered $12k for the SF.
If its standard with minimal upgrades .. thats a good offer !

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
The guy on eBay has only 1800 miles on the thing and got up to 11,600 his first time around, which he did not sell at. 12k might be a really good offer these days.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I got my standard 2010 sf for 10k no mods. Not many sf in my area and not many for sale. I didn't feel it was the best deal but it was ok. The s would be 2 k more which I didn't want to spend on a bike. 12k for s sounds fair number to me except that it is now peak of the season so maybe 12.5 would be possible. But then again in this economy not everyone has 12k for a toy.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well quite a few reasons, Im starting all over with the warranty, cost of up keep is much less, less on insurance. I'm also making a good chunk of change on the 1098sf. When i test drove it the difference in handlebars foot pegs, and overall handling was much better for my riding style. Dont get me wrong....1098 is bad to the bone, but not for me anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Well, there you go- an S with upgrades, just sold for 16.6 which most thought was a 'steal.'

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
That was a steal with only 1200 miles and 30k in goodies and tuning.

Than again no one should spend that kind of kind of coin on upgrades thinking they'll get it back.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well quite a few reasons, Im starting all over with the warranty, cost of up keep is much less, less on insurance. I'm also making a good chunk of change on the 1098sf. When i test drove it the difference in handlebars foot pegs, and overall handling was much better for my riding style. Dont get me wrong....1098 is bad to the bone, but not for me anymore.
Good reasons. I haven't test drove one myself yet but everyone always mentions how different the posture is. If you don't mind me asking, what's your insurance at with the F1098 and what will it be with the 848?

Sent from my...

·
Registered
387 Posts
the 1098s wil go up once the 848s come out and sink the low end.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wish the 848 version was out when I bought my SF. I have been going back and forth about selling mine and getting a Hypermotard. The SF is just to much at times.

Hope you sell yours for a fair price and enjoy your new ride when you get it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts