Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2014 HyperSP. I changed the oil Friday night. Ran it up to temp and checked for leaks, all good. Shut it down and parked it. Saturday morning wouldn’t start. Still won’t start. It turns over. I’ve verified that I’m getting a spark and it will sometimes back fire. So I know I’ve got spark and gas. Tried a jump pack and a new battery. Checked all electrical connections and fuses, all good. WTH?! Any thoughts? Anybody experience that sudden failure to start?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hmm sounds like it is either starved of air or gas- open the fuel cap and try starting again. If she kicks over i'd guess its either breather hose or evap canister preventing your fuel from being sucked into the engine. Worth a try.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hmm sounds like it is either starved of air or gas- open the fuel cap and try starting again. If she kicks over i'd guess its either breather hose or evap canister preventing your fuel from being sucked into the engine. Worth a try.
Yeah, or the ignition kill switch is in the off position.....or not functioning correctly. Seen that happen any number of times over the years.....sean

·
Registered
33 Posts
So true, you really feel stupid when you realize the kill switch is in the off position. On newer bikes, however, this is not possible, as the starter and the kill switch are the same switch.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Any news? Did you find the problem?..
seriously, your describing exactly what happened to me this past weekend:oops: same bike too, 14 SP

I’m looking into the problem but with 3 kids it’s hard to find time to work on the bike. Please let us know if you find the problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts