Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning my 2002 ST4s since new and having great fun riding all over the Western States it has found a new owner as of yesterday. I hard bicep reattachment surgery a few years ago and found the riding position difficult if not impossible after 50 miles and the bike just sat unloved in the garage. A few Craigslist tire kickers, one solid nibble that turned out to be a "professional shopper" I then received a text yesterday from a gent who wanted to see the bike ASAP. He showed up on time with his truck/trailer and cash, deal over and done with in 45 minutes.

Will look back fondly on all the miles and smiles, and not so fondly on some of the niggling issues well known for the first year ST4s's. Will still continue to ride the Battlestar (2012 BMW 1600 GT) and will relish all the great friends I met through the Yahoo ST Owners Group and the great ride in adventures we had at various venues.

I have never been an active poster but have enjoyed visiting the site weekly to see what's up. I will have a few accessories for sale in the next few days.

Thanks and ride safe,

Mark in Chico

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, at least you're still on 2 wheels!
No plans to give up riding, been at it for 47 years so far so I guess I could be considered a "seasoned" rider. My wife and I are heading to Slovenia, Croatia, Austria and the Italian Dolomites for an Adriatic Moto Tour adventure in a couple of weeks. My better half and I have fallen in love with Slovenia and more specifically the capital city Ljubljana, highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Hey Mark,
I have known Mitch for a few years. I let him ride my ST4 a couple of years ago and he got hooked. He called me a couple of weeks ago and said he found one in Chico. I thought, I bet I know who that is, as I remember you posting on the ST facebook page. He asked me alot of questions about ST ownership. I am happy that it all worked out for the both of you.

Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mark,
I have known Mitch for a few years. I let him ride my ST4 a couple of years ago and he got hooked. He called me a couple of weeks ago and said he found one in Chico. I thought, I bet I know who that is, as I remember you posting on the ST facebook page. He asked me alot of questions about ST ownership. I am happy that it all worked out for the both of you.

Mike
Mitch did come to town the other day, loved the bike, and said he wanted to think it over for the night. Called the next day and decided to pass on my bike for reasons beyond my comprehension. I was almost convinced I was going to keep it as the starting issues have been addressed when a new respondent to my ad showed up at my house with trailer and cash. Mitch is extremely cautious and may never buy a bike.

Mark in Chico

1 - 7 of 7 Posts