Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious which shop people recommend in the Sacramento area. (And more importantly any to avoid)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I would not recomend Good Times. it has the local name of Bad Times. in fact I would and do drive to Modesto for any service I cannot do myself.
A&S is a new dealer that has had a good rep with the beemer folks, I have no experience with thier Ducati service.
Modesto is another hour drive for you coming from Truckee, but worth it in my opinion. lots more experience and as you have an older bike, they will be more familiar with what it needs

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
What are you looking for?

Motowheels has European parts galore, and riding gear & helmets up the wazoo. Located right off Hwy 50 at Sunrise Blvd, very convenient.

Cycle Parts has Japanese trinkets and some aftermarket stuff, mainly cheaper stuff in stock, Brand names are ordered. located in North Sacramento off I-80 and Madison.

A&S is the newer Ducati dealer, who have made some great efforts to bring a good name back to Ducati in Sacramento. They are in Roseville.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Simply exploring my options and figured I'd go to the people who need good service-us...and try to avoid any bad encounters.

Everyone's exp. will vary. Some say Michaels in Reno is great. I've had many more say stay away. So I stay away...

J

·
0 Posts
Motown no dought

Modesto,ca. is the real deal,ducati techs are the states best,awards galore for these people,these techs are trained by ducati's finest,thier second to none!::cool:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Clay, a top tech, formerly of Modesto Ducati is now at A&S. Not sure if they have a dyno there. An important part of service is in the administration and policy. I'm sure we'll hear how things play out for A&S in the future. I've only dealt with Modesto so far but can attest to their quality and integrity.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Positive Experience w/ A&S

I've already paid a visit to A&S Cycles' service department in Roseville, and my experience was a positive one.

I decided to have a dealership perform the 600 mile service on my 848 for the sake of getting it documented, so I chose A&S. Clay was the tech that did the work. Tedshred or DeCeMo can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Clay is the only Ducati tech on staff at the moment. Anyway, the bike came back clean and they went ahead and installed the battery tender that I had purchased free of charge. I was in and out in about 2 hours.

A&S can actually be a fun and relaxing place to visit. They provide their customers with coat and helmet racks, free chips and soda, use of the pool table that sits in the middle of the showroom and a big screen TV to lounge in front of. The sales staff might even take you for a test ride if you ask nicely. The last time I visited A&S their demos included the Streetfighter, 848, 1198, Hypermotard and Monster 1100S. During the week the place feels pretty secure, because patrol officers are constantly going in and out of the service department with their BMWs.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Michaels in Reno has not been that great over the years, however that is until they got Jay the authorized Duc wrench back. I would go to Modesto (or someone that came from that shop now at A&S maybe) or take the bike to Jay. He is very reasonable with his hours too.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Copy that. I called Michaels about a possible oil leak. Service guy over the phone said 'it's just an oil leal, why fix it'..... Er, um... Well, let me 'splain....

·
Registered
138 Posts
That is ridiculous! I will PM you. Whoops, looks like you don't receive PM's may want to change that on your profile. PM me with your email and I will send you some useful stuff.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just fixed the PM issue. Didn't realize it was turned off. My bad.

I'm at [email protected]

I have been to Ed at dynoreno and he was great to work with. Super nice guy. But I would like to find an authorized dealer and run my vin, etc..

thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts