Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first (of many) Sacramento Ducati Club Trackdays @ Thunderhill, Wednesday September 20th, 2006.

At this time we are capping this event at 40 riders.

For the first 20 riders that sign up and put a $100 deposit down ONLY! - the cost will be flexible. Meaning that if we get only 20 people, the cost will be $225/rider for the day. That will be the most you will pay. For each additional person that signs up, the cost for the FIRST 20 ONLY will go down.

After the first 20 riders, the cost is $200/rider w/ a $100 deposit. This is fixed and will not change.

In other words, if we get 40 riders, the first 20 to sign up will pay $160 and the second 20 will pay $200.

The intent of this is obviously to encourage people to sign up early, not to confuse you. The first 20 riders will share the risk and the benefit of signing up early. This way all the additional money we receive will go to the first 20 riders. We are not making any money on this event, it's organized by riders for riders.

You can pay by check, cash or paypal (add 4% to all paypal payments coz that's what they will charge me.) For all cash and check payments e-mail me at [email protected] - this is also my paypal account. As soon as I receive an e-mail and you follow up with the payment within the following 7 days you will be put on the list. If I don't get the downpayment within a week, you are off the list.

Until we get the web page set up I will post here to inform you how many spots are left, so far 6 people are already signed up.

PLEASE! - we want to recruit safe, mature riders. Proper apparel and safe bike is a must. Anyone endangering other riders will be immediately sent home. We want everyone to have fun and crashing is no fun. Fearing for your life because of some other asshole in no fun either. We will not compromise this.

I can be reached at [email protected] with any questions, or just post here.

Thank you and hope to see you all there !!!
Jovan

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
I'll be putting together a webpage with the appropriate links for Paypal or Credit card payments. Tenetively the group will be called Sacramento Ducati Group (DOG).

Also, we have decided to include a one weekend day Oct 21 at the new 4 plus mile road course at Reno-Fernley. This will be on a Saturday, a rare day indeed. Details to follow. However, we will need more riders for that one because it cost more since its on the weekend. Great venue, at least theres a night life up there!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Ok, the wife and I are all but ready to commit but want to bring something up and get your honest input. This would be both of ours first track day. My concern would be what you guys would think and if you would want us out there. Seems like this would be kind of an ideal situation...a chance for us to get some exposure without a huge crowd. We would also love and seek some guidance. Anyone willing to teach us, show us the ropes, follow us around the track, or what ever so we can learn from it. We both have our share of somewhat aggressive canyon riding and if I may say, the old lady's no slouch. She hangs with the boys just fine. If you feel this is not the venue for us though please let me know. Otherwise, we would love it. Get in some good riding, learn from you guys, and meet some...as I think I read somewhere on here...DOG's from the Sac area. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Galaxy,
This is the perfect venue for both you and your wife, you will love it. Attending a private track day will spoil you. I'll let others chime in on this, but I guarentee, you will have a blast and not feel intimidated by the standard 3 group 100 plus riders typical of organized track day events. The private track day is laid back and more personal, you come and go as you wish with no time constraints. There will be some excellent riders out there for sure and likely some professionals. People will help you any time. The atmosphere of a private track day is like being a member of a country club. I can go on and on about this due to the fact I had so much fun participating in a private track day. Its a few more bucks but worth every penny of it.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Thanks for the reassurance...that's what I needed.

I also hate to ask but is there a refund policy?? I'm in the military and there's always that posibility.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey everyone,
I'm getting a really nice feedback and as John mentioned this will not be the only one we do this year. Looks that with the help of motowheels.com we will go for a day in Reno as well.

This event is perfect for anyone from first timers on the track to seasoned vets. Last year when we did this, people were just really really cool and we had so much fun that ducatimike did not want to pit at the end of the day. We had couple of female riders and anything from first timers to AMF racers. My first track day was with a group like this. These guys stopped doing these track days last year and I loved it so much to decide to pick it up and continue. You can ask anyone for help and they will gladely help you. When people see you doing something wrong, they approach you in the pit and point it out to see you improve.

In short, first timers (with smart proper equipment) are more than welcome.

BTW, looks like all the people from the last year event want to go again -- we have 10 already signed up. Those first 20 spots are going fast.

Get in touch,
Jovan

P.S. Galaxy, if you really get called into military we will give you your money back. The least we can do. We''ll make that one exception.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
To all considering this event, I want to chime in and say the private track day experience is the best as compared to other track days run by organizations. Not to berate the others, but you have much fewer riders and every one is much more relaxed. No rushing to make sure you dont miss your group ride, cause there are no groups. You go out whenever you feel like it. The comradery is fun too. We didnt have one crash as compared to usually many at the other events. I think first timers would have a great time. Just dont have the attitude that you are going to show everyone how fast you are. Just have fun and ride smart.

Mike

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
4 more slots gone!!!

Jovan, are you advertising/spreading the word anywhere else? Didn't know how far you wanted to take this?

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
At this stage, my daughter and I are building a specific website dedicated to providing information about upcoming track days under the title of Ducati Owners Club (DOG). In the meantime, Jovan is providing preliminary information regarding the events, this will soon defer to the website once its set up. I'll be meeting with Jovan and Martin Monday evening to go over a few more details and I should have the website up and running by next week.

Galaxy,

We knew getting 20-25 riders to attend a private track day on a weekday wouldn't be a problem. There are that many we know that have done them and can't wait to do another. Thill can handle way more than that and we would like to recruit more just to insure we can pay the track fee. We are doing this for fun and Martin at Motowheels was kind enough to pay the deposits.

Reno-Fernley will require more riders. We haven't decided whether to do a one day or a two day. My feeling is one day, that will be Oct 21, SATURDAY.

This thing will become official once the website is online next week. The address will be posted and information updated as needed.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are not posting anywhere else. So far ducati.ms only and word of mouth to people that attended previous ones. We have ~ 15 riders signed up already. I haven't even talked to John Riley and his friends (that's another 7-8 riders) and waiting to hear from our SoCal buddies. A group from Vegas is interested in Reno ...
Once we exhaust the "friends list" and have the site up, we'll spread the word on other forums. I want to make sure regulars have a crack at the first 20 spots.

SCOTT !!! How about you join us Mr. Ducati.ms ???

·
Administrator
12,472 Posts
I think I can work this out, sounds like fun... And thanks for putting all this together.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I know you guys try to do the Thursday meeting each month but is this already, or going to turn into a formal club? Or am I automatically a member since I'm in Sac;-) I really want to meet up with all you guys and be involved. Only thing that sucks for me is being in the military I always seem to be gone for the Thursday meets. When's the next one?

Jovan, thanks for all the help and info this far. I also may have three more interested. I gave them your e-mail and told them to get in touch with you if so.

One other thing I want to formally throw out there...the wife and I will be looking for assistance/coaching. Show us the line around the track and just any other advice you have. We'll take as much time as someone want's to spend with us, up to but not including getting on your nerves!!! Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Galaxy,
I have two guys that are perfect instructors for you. I haven't even asked them yet, but I know they will help you anytime. Terry (Tduc) knows every nook and crany of THILL. He has gone to numerous riding/racing schools there and in fact will race in the AFM this year in Open Superbike. The other is Mike (Ducatimike). Mike is a former AFM racer with exceptional riding skills, like Terry. Both have been around and will go out of their way to help you and your wife learn Thill from every angle. Learning the lines is key to getting better at the track and applying the same riding principles to the street. When the time comes, we will hook you up. You will meet them both before the events at one of our club meetings.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I would be happy to instruct trackday newbies. I am planning on being a track day instructor next year, so this would fit well with me.

Mike

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Mike, How long ago did you race AFM? I raced, oh must be about 6 or seven years ago (roughly). I started racing 250SB, and moved up to FII but i did race a few Formula pacific races on my TZ250. I'm terrible with names, but I am great with faces. I'm curious if we raced around the same time frame?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Many moons ago. Way before your time I am sure. I raced while in college and then just after, the seasons of 1974, 75, and 76. Back when low budget racers (me) would borrow leather pants and jackets and then tape them together. Then have to explain to them why they were all rashed up after a get off.

Mike

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guess who ?!?

I really have to confirm this one, but I couldn't keep this to myself:

We might have Doug Polen joining us at THill. That would be the 91-92 superbike champion Doug Polen, who won on a FBF Ducati. For him to show up for lessons we have to have enough people signed up - I believe we need four more. His lessons are one-on-one and $300/hour. Apparently he uses a headset to communicate with students while making laps around the track. Would anyone be interested?

Terry, I thought of you with your upcoming season ... I bet you Clarke will take one. So maybe only three more.

Let me know everyone.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
I understood he needs 4 more students, not just track day participants for him to justify coming up. Just wanted to make that clear.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wish I could make this one. Especially if there is going to be some damn good riders there that don't mind taken the time to help the slower ones out. After my crash a few years ago corners at faster then normal speeds scare the hell out of me now.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts