Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks, just wanted to confirm that the S4RS wheels are forged aluminum and not cast? I am about to buy a set and wanted to confirm. Is there a way I can tell by just looking at the wheels that they are forged vs cast? I've read the lettering and direction arrow on cast wheels are raised while on forged wheel they are etched? I am planning on running these on my 2012 848 EVO. They should bolt right on correct (aside from rotors)?

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Hopefully someone who knows for sure responds. I bought my S4RS a few years ago believing they came with forged wheels. Someone here on the forum told me that though they were supposed to get forged wheels , they actually came with cast. I also don’t know how to tell the difference.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok did a lot of research and it seems the S4RS came with cast wheels. I deduced this by looking at the price Ducati is selling the OEM wheel for (P/N 50121151AB) which is much less than the price for known forged aluminum ones found on bikes like the 1100S Hypermotard. Also in looking at the pics of S4RS wheels, there are some ways to tell:
  • Forged spokes are noticeably thinner
  • The area around the hub on forged wheels is solid without any holes
  • The lettering on the rear wheels on cast wheels are raised versus etched for forged wheels
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts