Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike is misserable to ride when I get stuck in town, never again, the temperature goes over a 100 very quicky.
The one thing that botheredme was that radiator fan didn't come on.
I'm new to this bike & was wondering what temperature the radiator fan should come on in slow trafic?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I had an 07 S4RS and the fans (there are two) would go on when the temp rose above 220F, so you weren't quite there at 100C. Odd thing was that the fans would not come on at the same time, but they did come on.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
coolant temp

The bike is misserable to ride when I get stuck in town, never again, the temperature goes over a 100 very quicky.
The one thing that botheredme was that radiator fan didn't come on.
I'm new to this bike & was wondering what temperature the radiator fan should come on in slow trafic?
Thanks
Fans should come on at 104/5 degrees C. It may run up to 110/15 briefly - don't worry about it. I've got 30k on mine with most of it in BC.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My wife want to ride my S4Rs when it is hot out because it runs so much cooler then her 1098. Want to talk about giving off heat! we rode in 106 degree weather and when we traded bikes, her bike felt like being in a car with the heat on full blast. Plus your ass roasts with the exhaust.

I did take the fly scree off my monster and it makes the breeze a lot more comfortable. This is my third monster (second water cooled one). My old S4 and now my S4Rs almost never run their fans, which to me says that the radiators are sized right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts