Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance as this has probably been discussed.
I just picked up a new to me 07 S4R (Testastretta) with 1900 miles and a lot of bling from the previous owner.
The bike has the Termignoni Slip ons and I am thinking of swapping them out for the Termi Stubby slip on.
Can I get some thoughts on experience with the stubby slip on? I have heard that the short pipe decreases the low end and Im not sure that is accurate.
Thanks.
SAL.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Sal,

I have an 08 S4RS with the shorty termies...and it hauls ass no matter what :)
Low, mid and top end :) It also looks much better visually if your bike like mine has the tail-chop

That said I never rode it with the full length termies

My 2 cents
L8tr
Pete

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
My 07 has the Termi stubby on it. There’s not much to it, so it’s quite loud , and there’s no easy way to do anything about it. I haven’t been stopped yet, though. P.O had a reflash done by dealer and it runs perfect.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i tried to find some DB killers for my shorties to no avail - so i made some and it cut just enuff off that i can hear myself think yet have that nice sound when I twist her - and the neighbors are not throwing things at me when i come home

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
Vary your speed so they can’t figure out how much to lead you in the sights.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the above.
I am in a quandry. My Termis are the slip ons and the bike still has the cat. My understanding is that the Termi slip ons are different diameter than the full system cans. I want to get rid of the cat .
I am thinking i will simply sell the Termis and purchase new Arrow full system. The Arrow cans are shorter than the Termis so I may accomplish both goals with replacement of the Termis.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ive had both termi's and arrow cans on different monsters and prefer the arrows as they're much neater and I think better quality, fit and finish, the stubby termi is getting sort after so hang onto it when you've replaced it.

Geoff...>:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input.
This is my second Testastretta Monster, the first being a Tricolore S4RS that had the full Termi system on it. Wish I never got rid of that bike. LOL.
I am going to go with the full Arrow system with the full carbon cans. The cans are shorter out of the box than the Termis and I had a ton of fitment issues on the previous Termi system.
As such I will be posting my like new Termi slip ons shortly.
Thanks again.
SAL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts