Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Tricolore for a year now and have realized my clutch engages right off the bar. I know this may sound strange but I have been riding my 2000 748 alot more and also riding them back to back. The 748 has 5,000 miles on the original clutch with a evoluzione 30mm slave and it releases with greater ease and 1/3 the travel of the lever off the bar. My S4Rs has an Oberon slave,DP pressure plate and 14th front sprocket but the lever takes much more effort and releases almost immediately off the bar. Is there an adjustment or is this normal and the 2 bikes are just that differant....John

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
Read your manual, page 19, clutch lever (fig 12).

"It features a dial adjuster for lever distance from the handlebar ... position 1 gives maximum distance ... lever and twistgrip are closest when adjuster is set to position 4."

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read the manual and that knob on the lever won't budge so I didn't want to force the issue but will this just adjust lever to bar distance and point of engagement stays the same?...John

·
Registered
282 Posts
I read the manual and that knob on the lever won't budge so I didn't want to force the issue but will this just adjust lever to bar distance and point of engagement stays the same?...John
Yes it will. I wonder why the knob is stuck..... I have a Tricolore also and it works fine, matter of fact, the front brake lever has the same adjustment. You should be trying to turn it C/W.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
Push the lever forward, away from the bar, and turn the knob.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lever is already close to the bar so maybe that is why it won't turn c/w. I will try going the other direction. Will this also adjust the point in which it engages. Between the 14th sprocket and it releasing right off the bar it makes you pay attention coming away from stops. Also the shift feels more notchie than my 748,I believe its bleed properly because the level is firm...John

·
Registered
729 Posts
I thinhk Eurotwins may be refering to clutch lever release pre-travel (distance the lever is let go before the clutch begins to engage) verses lever position (distance from bar when it engages)

If its the latter and it seems to get worse when hot try bleeding the clutch when its hot. It it fixes things this will probably not last, you've got water in slave/system and needs to be throughly flushed. The water is boiling (expanding gas) and acting on the slave piston - e.g. pre-engaging the clutch slightly.

just a thought..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your on it,Its the point when I release the lever that seems too quick to engage,also it feels like when shifting, the clutch does not fully disengage the trans. You have hesitate after pulling the clutch lever to shift of it feels notchy. It stays the same even after riding 60 miles. Last night I tried the adjustment knob either way and it doesn't move so I will take it to the dealer this week....John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts