Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Monster S4RS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I start, my apologies to all of this has been covered ad nauseum through the forum.

As a relatively new owner of the bike, my only frustration is that the bikini fairing seems “flimsy“ for want of a better description. This becomes more apparent at Freeway speeds ( 100kph +).

Is there anything on the market to provide additional bracing to offer greater rigidity?

I really do not want to take it off as I do think it compliments the look of the bike though the way it flaps about is giving me the sh!ts.

i would welcome the advice of you all.

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
This concerns me too. I haven’t seen anything on the market at all. Mine wobbles around so much I know it’s going to break off some day and hit me in the head.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a support from Poorducrider poorducrider.jpg

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yup, Poorducrider sold the bent steel braces that are no longer available.

There was also a company that sold carbon tubes with threaded sockets on the ends and interfaced at the same fasteners as the Poorducrider versions, but I don't remember the name of the company. I had a chance to buy a set from the guy who used to distribute Kriega in the US years ago, but passed on them.

Sorry I can't be of more help, these bikes are getting old now, so a lot of this stuff is now limited to whoever already bought it. Good luck.

·
Registered
2007 Monster S4RS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback.

@jim999 could I please trouble you to take a few more shots of your Poorducrider brace. If I can get hold of one I might give making one myself a go.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I was a bit more determined this morning and did some more hunting for info about these. Found a thread on the Monster forum describing the carbon ones. Matrix Motosports made them, but that company is long gone.

Finding a photo of these was damn near impossible, but I managed to hunt one down on a crashed S4RS that was parted out. Looks like the braces supported the windscreen enough to survive the crash... :LOL:

MonsterFairingBrace.jpg

·
Registered
2007 Monster S4RS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Crarrs that’s bloody awesome mate. Really appreciate the time you took to dig them up.

It doesn’t look as though there is a whole heap to it. I am thinking that I could probably have a go at making a set. . I will keep you posted on the progress. Thanks again.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sure thing. I will take some picts of the Poorduc brace for you tonight

Reactions: lemosley01

·
Registered
86 Posts
Timeless,
Sorry for the delay, but here are some picts of the poorducrider support

pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg pic4.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts