Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock exhaust on my bike is dirty and greasy from the chain lube so I decided to take it off and give it a nice shine.

Everything went fine until I tried to remove the presilencer which seems to be stuck.

The workshop manual says just to slide it off, but it won't go down `cause it's hitting the back of the engine. I tried to put it back on but the lip of the vertical pipe is hitting the swingarm. It's just stuck. (red arrows)

Honestly, I can't see a way to get it off unless I somehow remove the cylinder head exhaust studs, and the only way to put it back on is to remove the swingarm.

Oh, and the vertical pipe won't come out `cause is hitting the rear shock rocker.

Am I missing something?

I would appreciate your help, guys!
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
You make me glad mine came with that junk already removed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, eventually it came off.

The trick is to slide the presilencer from the vertical pipe and then to pry it gently from the horizontal cylinder head exhaust studs. I used a piece of wood to bend the horizontal pipe. It only needs 5mm.

To extract the vertical pipe you need to sit on the bike to move the rocker out of the way just enough to take the pipe out.

But what a PITA...

Tomorrow it's bling time :grin2::grin2::grin2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts