Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my S4RS at the end of the year last year. It had 25,000 kms on it. Full Zard system, Airbox mod and DNA filter. The original owner confirmed that he had never had a tune put on the bike. I was pretty surprised at how well it ran but there were a few things I did not like. For example there was a bit of a fart back fire through the air box from time to time and lurching at soft throttle input at lower rpm. I believed that it had to be lean with the stock tune and add ons.

After looking at options I decided to go the JPDiag route and use his software. Chose this so I could apply the tune myself and try different tunes if I wanted to as well as reset TPS and service. The belt tuning software also works very well. I recently made a donation and got the writing software and applied the DP tune to version 96517906B. It was an easy process. So I have to say that over all the bike is way smoother through the entire RPM range and now pulls from 6500 rpm the way it did from 8500 pre tune. It was money well spent. I am sure that a custom tune would get me a little more power however I am far from any tuners and so this out of the box tune is perfect for me. Attached photo only here to show that the software confirms the ECU version.

I am only making this post to help anyone on the fence to say that the support from this guy is great and the software works very well. I bought my cables from Lonec because they guaranteed that they work and I can confirm the quality is great and they work perfectly. I don't have the time to try to get other cables to work because they may be less expensive. I am using windows 10.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Talk slowwwwly like I’m not very smart. How do I identify the tune the PO had loaded by a dealer near him ? He didn’t know what it was. I’d like to know out of curiosity. It runs really well.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
can you just read slow instead?

if you look at the jpdiag shot above you can see top left some info about the file. the "96517906B" number is the ducati (ducati performance in this instance) part number. a std ecu is 2864xxxxx. below that is 2235SE01. that's a marelli software number. guzzidiag or iawdiag will also show those. those two numbers can be used, and if the 965xxxxx number is there it makes it obvious. but it's not always so clear. sometimes there is no ducati or dp number, and how they are arranged in the software will have half the number in two places and the software might not link it. lots of the rexxer files are modified originals and they don't change any id so you really need to look at switches and compare maps to know if they're or what is different. which requires an increased level of experience and tools.

i have licensed winols and winhex software. you can get a demo winols i think that you can at least look at files, and you can visually see maps, etc in it. winhex is a great hex editing software for looking at the hex file and changing switches, renaming files, etc, but it's not illustrative as such like winols is.

and most 59m files, esp early ones, have no id at all in the file.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Thanks, belter. I understood enough of that to know it’s beyond my skill level.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
well, it's beyond your current experience and scaredy cat level, but get the cable from lonelec and the guzzidiag software and play. it's pretty simple stuff really.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts