Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdo!!
Wonder if any one can help with a few questions. Theres a set of radial bottomed forks for sale, the lad reckons there from an S4R(if soany idea of year). They are gold n black at the bottom of the forks. The calipers are silver with lower case brembo (in red)
Would they fit into Superlight yokes? The top are 50mm and they come with the bottom yoke. Also is it just a case off fitting different bearings in the wheel to except the bigger front spindle?
Any info most welcome.

Cheers Pablo

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hmm, not exactly sure about this but I think they may be off of the S4Rt, which was made in 2007/2008. The older S4R didn't have radial brakes, but the S4Rt didn't come with gold sliders from any of the pictures I have seen. The S4RS came with Gold radial mount forks but they were Ohlins. It is possible that he had the S4Rt forks coated with the DLC gold lower coating, or that they are the older S4R forks with radial bottoms swapped on.

Ducati did nome weird things on its rarer models, so I am not sure about them fitting your triple tree. I don't believe that your upper will work with the S4R lower, because even on the Monsters, the older uppers don't work with the new lowers. They may however, fit right into your upper and lower triples without any modification.

The radial mount S4R also used 15mm offset rotors instead of the more common 10mm offset, so you may need 5mm spacers on either side of your wheel to make the rotors line up. I am assuming that you have a 20mm front axle instead of the newer 25mm style. The superlight wheels also appear to be very unique and while you could probably just swap on a 25mm front monster wheel, you may not want to do so, unless you would like to be able to switch everything back to stock. The hub on your wheel may be large enough to accept bearings with a 25mm hole, and there is also a spacer between the bearings on a monster front wheel.

Good luck and hopefully this gives you some things to check out, even if its not any solid answers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts