Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
well Don...the difference in acceleration between the 2 is probably best charachterized like this....both would require regearing IMHO....but the S2R1K will more than likely be quicker outta the hole....but above 80-90MPH the rush to top end of your parameters is going to be faster on the S4R....now...you can probably beat both on an S4RS which seems to be a bit more proficient in almost every way in comparison to both....but it also comes with a steeper pricetag!....I am not even going to get into the maintenance involved between these models because I am guessing at this point you know the difference between the 4V and the 2V Duc's I hope and somewhat of what we all have said in those previous threads that you say you have read...so no need I hope to regurgitate that diatribe!....if it were me and I were trading in a Gix1K and wanted the most grin factor all around for my bucks....I'd be lookin at the S4RS.....but that being said...it is all in your hands....sounds like the day you are contemplating this...you need to bring the title of your trade in hand to demonstrate seriousness to the dealer to overcome that "no test rides" policy that most dealers seem to have to keep the general masses from coming in and just tooling around on bikes and require test rides for your final decision!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
you culd possibly be quite satisfied with the S2R1K.....but it is hard to say in comparo to a Gixxer1K....you might find it is too slow and responsive....but I could be wrong...because it is mostly dependant on your right wrist and how you feel at the action of it.....they are all very gorgeous bikes....also worth considering is the tremendous deal that a member has posted for sale here in our classifieds section....member name "gunsandbikes" for a 2006 S4R with alot of aftermarket upgrade goodies already installed for alot less than retail considering of a new S4R unmodded!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
zooom said:
....also worth considering is the tremendous deal that a member has posted for sale here in our classifieds section....member name "gunsandbikes" for a 2006 S4R with alot of aftermarket upgrade goodies already installed for alot less than retail considering of a new S4R unmodded!
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=5240

there ya go!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts