Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read every post in here about these two bikes. I have been waiting since Jan 06 to get a Ducati and oringinally it was going to be a new 999. I rode one last week and was not excited about the bike, or not enough to buy it. I'm coming off an 05gsxr1000 so I knew it wasn't going to be as fast , but was ok.
It was just very uncomfortable for me at 5'6" 29" inseam. Was very (sad) disappointed, but the sales guy was nice and Iasked him about the monsters and I rode a used 05 S4R. Was the most fun I've had on a bike in a long time, good power handled well even though I felt I was sitting up very high while leaning into a corner. I didn't get a chance to ride the S2r1000 but the sales rep said that would be a great bike, less overall power but better torque on the lower end but lacking on the top.

I'm going to ride a S2R1000 before I pull the trigger , but riding it for 15-30 minutes I may just get caught up in the moment and like it like the SR4. Will I get bored with the SR21000? I don't care about doing 150+ anymore, the gixxer was and is an animal that needs to be on the track only so I can't and won't compare the two.

The torque and acceleration between the s2r1000 and sr4 from zero to 120 that different?

Thanks for any input

Don (time to change my avatar)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
well Don...the difference in acceleration between the 2 is probably best charachterized like this....both would require regearing IMHO....but the S2R1K will more than likely be quicker outta the hole....but above 80-90MPH the rush to top end of your parameters is going to be faster on the S4R....now...you can probably beat both on an S4RS which seems to be a bit more proficient in almost every way in comparison to both....but it also comes with a steeper pricetag!....I am not even going to get into the maintenance involved between these models because I am guessing at this point you know the difference between the 4V and the 2V Duc's I hope and somewhat of what we all have said in those previous threads that you say you have read...so no need I hope to regurgitate that diatribe!....if it were me and I were trading in a Gix1K and wanted the most grin factor all around for my bucks....I'd be lookin at the S4RS.....but that being said...it is all in your hands....sounds like the day you are contemplating this...you need to bring the title of your trade in hand to demonstrate seriousness to the dealer to overcome that "no test rides" policy that most dealers seem to have to keep the general masses from coming in and just tooling around on bikes and require test rides for your final decision!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My gsxr most likely will be sold Sun . I guess a ride on the s4rs is in order. I was just hoping I could be satisfied with the s2r1000, or maybe I'm just trying to be satisfied with the $$$ tag :)

Thank you

Don

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
you culd possibly be quite satisfied with the S2R1K.....but it is hard to say in comparo to a Gixxer1K....you might find it is too slow and responsive....but I could be wrong...because it is mostly dependant on your right wrist and how you feel at the action of it.....they are all very gorgeous bikes....also worth considering is the tremendous deal that a member has posted for sale here in our classifieds section....member name "gunsandbikes" for a 2006 S4R with alot of aftermarket upgrade goodies already installed for alot less than retail considering of a new S4R unmodded!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
zooom said:
....also worth considering is the tremendous deal that a member has posted for sale here in our classifieds section....member name "gunsandbikes" for a 2006 S4R with alot of aftermarket upgrade goodies already installed for alot less than retail considering of a new S4R unmodded!
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=5240

there ya go!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. The gixxer is way fast but 80% of my riding is on the street and before you know it your doing 120 getting into 3rd gear.

That S4R was a blast to ride but I may try that triumph tripple and hopefully get a ride on the S4RS

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rode the S2R1000 today nice bike, just need more grunt, brakes seemed lacking some also. So much for saving $5k , S4R was smoother so between the price difference in the SR4 and the SR4S the S4RS is the better bet

·
Registered
143 Posts
S4R for Sale.

Well, no doubt. The S4RS is a beast of its own, but there is considerable difference in price. If you take the MSRP of a new S4RS which is over 17k, and then you take what I'm selling my fairly new '04 S4R for you'd save a good 5k+.

You can check out what I have here.
http://www.desmonorthwest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2687

Here is some eye candy for you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
MSRP for S4RS is about 1.5K and u will get ohlins suspension, radial mount front brake and better and smooth engine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
hunduc said:
its $14,995 about $16k in Oregon
In deed. No sales tax in oregon. Lucky dog.

I'm asking 11k obo for my S4R.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts