Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Leo Vince slip-on carbon fibre exhaust on my '08 s2r. I have removed the sound tube but still sounds very quiet. I realise that the standard header collector box probably reduces the sound. Is there replacement headers that will fit into the existing Leo Vince pipe?? Or are there modifications which can be made to the collector box to increase the sound?

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,073 Posts
I currently have a Leo Vince slip-on carbon fibre exhaust on my '08 s2r. I have removed the sound tube but still sounds very quiet. I realise that the standard header collector box probably reduces the sound. Is there replacement headers that will fit into the existing Leo Vince pipe?? Or are there modifications which can be made to the collector box to increase the sound?
Yes, there are replacement midpipes available. Check out www.motowheels.com. I would look for one that has the bungs to accept the stock O2 sensor and get a Fatduck manipulator which will be necessary to make it run right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another option is the Marving header from Monster Parts, ( great service by the way http://www.monsterparts.com). I have one on my S2R and it made a big difference to the sound (and the appearance, no more udder!!!). Good fit, comes with an O2 fitting and works with any mufflers that attach to the factory catalytic converter. I have Termi's on the bike and the mid-pipe made as much difference in the sound as adding the Termi's did. Reasonably priced as well. But you will need a means of changing the mapping. DP ECU or Power Commander or whatever.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Another option is the Marving header from Monster Parts, ( great service by the way http://www.monsterparts.com). I have one on my S2R and it made a big difference to the sound (and the appearance, no more udder!!!). Good fit, comes with an O2 fitting and works with any mufflers that attach to the factory catalytic converter. I have Termi's on the bike and the mid-pipe made as much difference in the sound as adding the Termi's did. Reasonably priced as well. But you will need a means of changing the mapping. DP ECU or Power Commander or whatever.
Hey guys....forget that overpriced Ducati Performance chip unless you have $1300 burning a hole in your pocket. Go to www.fatduc.com and check out the O2 Manipulator they sell. I got mine for $80 at the local Duc Dealer and found it to be a perfect fit. No more popping from the Arrow full TI system on my S2R-1000 with the twin K&N's/velocity stacks from Ebay. Runs great. O2 light comes on occasionally, but no big deal. Runs smooth and idels great! Well worth the money...and I saved over $1200 for other stuff for my bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts