Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I currently have a red tank/white stripe, red frame, black wheels color scheme on my '08 S2R1000. What I'm thinking would look pretty good would be a swap to the silver panels from the '07 model. That scheme was originally silver tank/black stripe, black frame and black wheels. I think the silver against the red frame would look pretty nice, similar to the MV Brutale of a few years back.

Pricing all this stuff new to just bolt on the bike for tank, headlight fairing, and rear seat cover adds up to $2500 per Ducati Omaha's website. Opinions on how people think this would look? Anybody done it? Anybody willing to sell me the OEM silver parts for cheaper? I'm not really looking to trade.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Change colors as you like via repainting your own bodywork. Personally, I'd center up the stripe and include it on the front fender as well. ;) ...with whatever colors you like.
My 2 cents. Next! :D

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I like the idea of the silver paint work but I don't think the black stripe would work with the red frame. And like Mad said, I'd center up the stripe if I could. I have always sort of thought the off center curved stripe was some Italian artsie-fartsie brain fart that just didn't quite work for me.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I think that of all the bikes in Ducati's lineup, the Monster lends itself the best to cool color schemes. I wouldn't be afraid to do whatever you want on this bike. That's why I need one for my stable eventually so I can paint it something totally off the wall that no one else has but still looks like it belongs on that bike. BTW, for the paint scheme you're describing you can find a painter who can make it look better than factory for less than the new parts. Really...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts