Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happened to see a shift side S2R rearset on Ebay and notice that it had the same 2 bottom mounts that the SC1000s rearsets have, and that it doesn't connect to the frame, but the swingarm pivot.

An ultra scientific measurement using Photoshop shows that our SCs have the same "holes" on the engine as the S2R.

I guess my question is then, what's the difference between the monsters swingarm pivot and the SC?

My previous rearset option was to hack off the passenger peg to mono'ize the stockers and keep the factory look. But s2r rearsets, if they'd "bolt on" might do the trick as well and look psudofactory.

Attachments

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,211 Posts
Can you make the S2R rearsets fit?: Yes
Will the bike keep the classic look in that section: No

I was thinking about doing something similar with an adjustable set of S2R rearsets I found on ebay. I was looking for a more comfortable riding position.
But I finally decided to drop the idea because IMHO they looked out of place (not classic at all) on the SC.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just finished a 900ss rearsets conversion on my biposto. It turned out really well IMO.

Here's what I used:

900ss rearsets, powder coated black
749/999 brake components
ebay shift lever
shift linkage from another ducati, not sure which (needed to be longer, so I ordered a longer one on ebay)
stradafab exhaust hangers

The pegs are a decent amount higher than the stock pegs, so I also ordered some lowering pegs but they haven't come yet (I'm 6'5" and don't think I can handle the new height).

**not sure why those photos loaded sideways....

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts