Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey..

Asking because I've noticed a set of sliders I've had my eye on drastically reduced for the S4R version, but I've always seen them listed as having the same part number when it comes to sliders.

Specifically, when it comes to monsters, these all seem to take the same part when it comes to frame width..
600, 620, 659, 695, 696, 796, 800, 1000, 1100, S2R, S4, S4R & S4RS

It's a through body install. Notes that it only fits water cooled models, but it's essentially a frame bolt replacement.. Any reason the S4R could be different?

Thanks,

Rob.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
The sliders on my S4RS are so large all the Harley riders think I have highway pegs .

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
The sliders on my S4RS are so large all the Harley riders think I have highway pegs .
No kidding. I have a set like that somewhere. They are also knee knockers. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
"The new Monster S2R uses a frame which is practically identical to that of the 800 i.e. version, except fo"r a few details. It was not possible to use the frame of the S4R due to the different routing of the intake ducts. Indeed, on the Desmoquattro these units are practically straight and strongly angled relative to the plane of the head on the cylinder.

On the 800 cc Desmodue and all other two-valve engines, on the other hand, the intake ducts are routed in a very different way. They are only slightly angled relative to the head/cylinder plane, so that the air box also has a different shape in comparison to that used on the S4R." , as per webbikeworld.com

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just an update the motovation sliders, should anyone else find it useful..

The S4R pack wasn't right. It had a very short slider on one side, and a very long one on the other side.
Not sure how this would protect the tank on the S4R, but I don't have one to see how it would fit..
So back it went and I purchased the S2R kit for twice the price.

edit - Forgot to say, the S2R pack had even spaced sliders, not one long, one short, though again, they are right/left specific.

Anyway. Sliders installed. They look kind of cool. Wasn't expecting to like them.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
"The new Monster S2R uses a frame which is practically identical to that of the 800 i.e. version, except fo"r a few details. It was not possible to use the frame of the S4R due to the different routing of the intake ducts. Indeed, on the Desmoquattro these units are practically straight and strongly angled relative to the plane of the head on the cylinder.

On the 800 cc Desmodue and all other two-valve engines, on the other hand, the intake ducts are routed in a very different way. They are only slightly angled relative to the head/cylinder plane, so that the air box also has a different shape in comparison to that used on the S4R." , as per webbikeworld.com
that's the cross member in front of the vertical cylinder. this is about frame mounts, which are the same for both models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts