Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed Arrow slip-ons on my 2007 S2R 800 because I wanted an exhaust with a deeper tone, but I am a bit disappointed after installing them since they were so pricey and the sound barely changed (it's just slightly deeper after removing the DB Killers).

I was wondering if removing the catalytic converter would affect the sound of my Arrow slip-ons a lot? I've been looking into the Spark collectors and my question is if it is worth it to remove the CAT for a better sound.

Also, would a ECU remapping / Power Commander be immediately necessary? I read some posts of people saying their bikes ran acceptably for a while without the tuning.

Finally, since my S2R 800 is the 2007 model, it has an oxygen sensor... does anyone know if the Spark collectors include a sensor plug? or would the ONLY option be to get it tuned and remove the sensor?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
most of the sound reduction on the s2r800 is in the cat / box. if you remove your new mufflers and run it that will be obvious.

if it does have a lambda sensor then it should run better with the ecu flashed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
most of the sound reduction on the s2r800 is in the cat / box. if you remove your new mufflers and run it that will be obvious.

if it does have a lambda sensor then it should run better with the ecu flashed.
Yeah, I ran it with no mufflers for two weeks while waiting for the Arrow slip-ons and it was much louder, the sound was a bit rough as it had no mufflers but it grew on me. When I installed the Arrows I was negatively surprised. I knew they wouldn't be as loud obviously but I expected it to have a melodic, more pleasurable sound, when in fact they sound like stock in a deeper bass/tone to them.

Do you know if the Spark collectors have an opening for the sensor? I assume leaving it disconnected (while I don't get the tune) would be even worse than having it connected to the new collectors.

Finally, would a Ducati Performance ECU work instead of the stock ECU flash?

Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts