Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

I have a 2006/2007 S2R 800. Bought it as a 2006 model, but from all the research I've done it could actually be 2007. Reason being, I bought an arrow full system for a 2006 model, thinking it would be an easy bolt on affair. It's not. My bike has the O2 sensor and the pipes don't have a bung for it. So I am going to drill a hole and tig weld a nut onto the pipe to get the sensor in there. I have been told by a Ducati shop that it will work. But I just want some feedback from you guys, maybe someone who had a similar issue.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
it's an '07 for sure. The '06 800's were not running an O2 loop. There's plenty of O2 sensor bungs available on the interweb, but they're really no more than you've prepared for with an appropriate size nut. I've got to believe that any competent muffler shop can handle it in no time. Just be sure to mark the pipes so that you don't come home to find you've got a placement / clearance issue AND a freshly threaded hole in your header.

rossa'ruck!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I had to send the pipes back. They were actually too short between the header and mid pipes. Pretty pissed off about the whole situation

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Aaahhh.. I know what it's like to be close to starting a project but having to pull the plug. Better all around to do it all with the right parts and no improvising.

I've heard the Arrows pipe set on the S2r 800 & 1000, and it's definitely "the doggy's bollocks."

I went with a Leo Vince pipe and kept the udder since its throaty but still neighborhood friendly..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts