Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I replaced the original headlight on my 2007 s2r 1000 with one from a 696. I know a lot f people have expressed their dislike for the new lights but I thought it would look good in the old bike.

What do you think?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I like it, looks good.

I'd also like to see what an old-style headlight looks like on a new-style Monster.

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,218 Posts
Guess I should have asked this in my first reply...

What mods were needed to wire it in, plug n play?

Did you use the monster bracket or the 696 bracketry?

I take it that the windscreen would look funny since the stock light is of a different dimension?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Other than the wiring which needed to be altered in a minor way (join Blue cable with yellow with black line, the other three match perfectly), the only thing I had to do was to cut the aluminum bracket at the top. It was very easy because the aluminum was very soft and light. The mounting bracket I used was the one from my s2r which worked perfectly. A guy I know from a different board does use the fairing but in order to use he had to remove the top plastic trim piece. To tell you the truth, I did not like the wayit looked with the fairing. But then again, I have never really liked the look of the fairings anyway.

Guess I should have asked this in my first reply...

What mods were needed to wire it in, plug n play?

Did you use the monster bracket or the 696 bracketry?

I take it that the windscreen would look funny since the stock light is of a different dimension?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts