1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
154 Posts
The near-new S at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...355991435&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEBIDX:IT has a reserve of $14,500; I'm sure the price will go up, but it's shocking how low someone would've let their Streetfighter go if (big IF) someone would've offered 14.5 k....or a deal off eBay.

I am in no way affiliated with the seller or shop. Heck, I haven't even been to Michigan since 1997.

he doesnt say why he wants to sell it and he doesnt have any pics of the bike outside of a shop or offical pics. Kinda odd.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, potential red flags. In the questions and replies below the auction, he gives the shop's name and manager's contact info. When someone posts their name and number in the add that is a red flag for me, but at least his English isn't broken and he's not asking for a cashier's check to be sent to Kenya. :D

I dunno. Maybe for a smart and cautious buyer in the Michigan area it could be a good deal, but I bet the price goes waaaaay up. I dream, though: let's just say you overheard this guy talking about selling it at the shop and you offer him $14,500. BAM. Done deal. Now that would be nice.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
$14,500 is probably not an unreasonable value for an S, even like new it's still a used bike and the market is awash with them. Look at the huge hits on the 1098s and 848s. I figure if I wanted to sell my base model I'd probably only $10-11k.

Chris

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw the auction a few weeks ago and no one bid. The bike was posted again and I bid his opening of $14,000. The seller emailed me and said "the reserve is $14,500."

And now someone has outbid me but the reserve has not been met.

I was just going to ask that

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Didnt have a chance to ride it yet. Too cold in NY. Cant wait for summer warmer temps. My Monster and R6 gotta go now...
I'll give you a hundred for each. That way you can buy a cute little accessory for your SF. Thought I'd help a brother out ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts