Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my remote adjuster hose come loose on the shock for the compression damping.
Short story. Lost all oil and nitrogen. $200 dollars to service. PITA to remove on the ABS model.

We think the travel of the shock must have made the hose hit the frame causing the hose to undo but for this to happen the hose must have been tightened at the incorrect angle from the factory.

The photo of the bike shows the small hole in the chassis where the remote unit does not fit through :mad: and the chassis pipe below the hose is where it could possibly have been forced upwards and then undone.

Upside is my rear shock feels better now serviced and I have changed the ride height again by one turn up:D

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am good thanks

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Mine looks good.:)

G

·
Had my remote adjuster hose come loose on the shock for the compression damping.
Short story. Lost all oil and nitrogen. $200 dollars to service. PITA to remove on the ABS model.

We think the travel of the shock must have made the hose hit the frame causing the hose to undo but for this to happen the hose must have been tightened at the incorrect angle from the factory.

The photo of the bike shows the small hole in the chassis where the remote unit does not fit through :mad: and the chassis pipe below the hose is where it could possibly have been forced upwards and then undone.

Upside is my rear shock feels better now serviced and I have changed the ride height again by one turn up:D
,,,Thank you corse,i'm having a new swing-arm put on and the tech. will be checking this out for sure.:cool:

·
Administrator
13,007 Posts
That happened to mine too, luckily is was in the first 6 months and was covered under warranty.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Soo, that pic of the rear shock and your hand is how the line is supposed to be routed? I checked mine and it is tight and routes 90 deg out from the shock, perpindicular (woof big word!) to the frame?

Yeaa, supposed to be leaving this am for Big Bend National Park. And it is raining. Not Texas rain, but Seattle rain. cold too. Should be gone by 0900hrs.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris,

The hose is supposed to be at 90 deg. The pic was taken when the connection was still loose. Once installed we loaded the bike up to make sure that the hose was not hitting the chassis rail. It came close but missed.

The shock guy reckons you can loosen the banjo slightly, just enough to move the hose and retighten without losing oil or pressure if you have to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts