Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bike really never gets wet and when i went camping she was parked out in the wet mist/fog for 2 mornings. Now when i stare at her ass i see rusty areas on the header:mad: Wipe it off? Scotch brite it? Or use chemicals? Its just an eye sore:(

·
Registered
325 Posts
So my bike really never gets wet and when i went camping she was parked out in the wet mist/fog for 2 mornings. Now when i stare at her ass i see rusty areas on the header:mad: Wipe it off? Scotch brite it? Or use chemicals? Its just an eye sore:(
I Scotch brite every couple of hundred miles just to keep my exhaust pipe looking new and then wipe it down with a lilttle WD-40 incase I put any finger prints on there. You dont want to burn/imprint fingerprints on the exhaust. I then turn the bike on and let the WD-40 burn off. It's a smiple job.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Scotch brite every couple of hundred miles just to keep my exhaust pipe looking new and then wipe it down with a lilttle WD-40 incase I put any finger prints on there. You dont want to burn/imprint fingerprints on the exhaust. I then turn the bike on and let the WD-40 burn off. It's a smiple job.
Thanks! Its been bugging me ever since i got home. Its not a pretty header by any means but rusting looks so blah.

·
Registered
322 Posts
By the way, on an somewhat related note, are your pipes seam welds just garbage coming out of the factory there in Ducati ? I've seen much better welds coming from high school

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks! Its been bugging me ever since i got home. Its not a pretty header by any means but rusting looks so blah.
My 1098S SF was orginally from NY and I'm guessing it was stored outside in the snow. I had plenty of rust and other weird stains probally from salt. I ended up using a Scotch pad and it works like a charm. If you keep scotch pad it a regular you can keep your pipes looking new for a very long time. I hate the bluish or burnt look on an exhaust. Have fun .

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had mine ceramic coated black. It was under $80. But I didn't go all the way to the header that bolts to engine b/c you can't really see it anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts