Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share today's experience fitting and testing a couple of fatduc's on my 2010 Multi.
As a city commuter I got fed up with the usual surging/spluttering that goes on in low rev ranges.

It was via this very web site that I learned about oxygen sensors and the good ol fatduc to bypass them.
Very grateful to all for that info, so I thought I'd give some back.

Took the bike for a quick spin this morning before installing them just to do a mental callibrate.
The temp in Sydney was fairly cool causing the bike to lurch about a bit worse than usual, good for testing.

Installation took about 15 mins including a tidy up with zip ties - no tools required.

Hit the road and right away noticed an enormeous difference.
The engine was so much smoother, from idle up to higher revs.
It was comfortable and easy cruising along in 6th at 70kph (45mph) and with a bit of throttle would pull away fairly smoothly - for a 1200 twin that is.
No noticeable change above 4000 rpm, as expected.

All in all a fantastic result for the cost.
I'm sure it will use less juice by simply maintaining lower rpm most of the time, not to mention a lot more rider comfort whilst stuck in traffic.

Any other commuters out there still struggling, or maybe have better options?
Also interested if anyone has had an emissions test while running fatduc's? :eek:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Did you buy them direct as I have e-mailed them a couple of times and they simply haven't replied to me :-(

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Did you buy them direct as I have e-mailed them a couple of times and they simply haven't replied to me :-(
Found them here in Oz at a Ducati spares located at Penrith.
Site is Moto Italia

Did it over the phone and had them in 2 days, pretty good to deal with but a bit expensive at $180 the pair.
Not sure how you would go where you live.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I bought mine direct using their instructions on the web site.
They arrived in about a week and same as DDD have been really happy with them, as the bike was running lean again after installing the MIVV decat and pipe.

Just last w/end though, I have removed them as the bike seemed to be running rich (after it's 24000km service) and now all seems good again.

My 2c worth ....
Witto

·
Registered
38 Posts
I installed a pair two weeks ago and they work great on my 2011 MTS 1200 ABS. Bad news, I just sold my bike so I have a pair for sale.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I bought mine direct using their instructions on the web site.
They arrived in about a week and same as DDD have been really happy with them, as the bike was running lean again after installing the MIVV decat and pipe.

Just last w/end though, I have removed them as the bike seemed to be running rich (after it's 24000km service) and now all seems good again.

My 2c worth ....
Witto
Updated map installed at service??

·
Registered
805 Posts
Updated map installed at service??
It certainly a possibility..

My otherthough is maybe one of them is not working properly. (Perhaps I've damaged it through repeated installs and uninstalls)...

Anyhow... fwiw I'm fairly happy with it's running at present.

Oddly enough, I can almost paint two or three spots on the road near home, where I "know" it will backfire on my way to work as it warms up ;-)

Cheers,
Witto.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Installed mine yesterday on PP #304. Brilliant. Never heard the Quat-D's or feel the bike so smooth sub-3200 rpm until this install. I laughed out loud when I clicked onto why she sounded so "different"- never heard or felt her under 3200 without hunting, shunting & popping. I'd grown used to it and rode around it where I could but this....
Very, very impressed. Perfect no but damn close.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts