Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to be in Yellowstone for a few days and it seems that the gas stations only sell regular unleaded 87 octane, I'd have to exit the park in order to find premium 92 octane.

Does anyone have and thoughts on the impact of running 87 for a few tanks of gas?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
False alarm, managed to speak to them and all stations carry premium gas.

:smile2:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Still a good question though. I was around Gros Morne and had a similar problem where one area I was in didn't have premium gas. I filled with 87 and poured in a bottle of octane booster. I took it easier on that tankfull but the bike ran fine. I thought maybe there was a bit of hesitation at one point but I may have just been too sensitive to how the bike was running.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How do you like the '16 vs. the '13? If I didn't get the smoking deal I did on my dealer leftover '13 I was looking at hopefully getting a leftover '15 due to some of the added creature comforts and +10hp.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I'm planning to be in Yellowstone for a few days and it seems that the gas stations only sell regular unleaded 87 octane, I'd have to exit the park in order to find premium 92 octane.

Does anyone have and thoughts on the impact of running 87 for a few tanks of gas?

When at higher elevations, 87 won't cause ping like it may at or near sea level. Yellowstone is at 8000' MSL so your bike might even perform better on 87 than premium at that elevation. In Colorado, some stations at higher elevations even offer 85 octane unleaded for this same reason.

Reactions: herveyw
1 - 5 of 5 Posts