Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m considering removing the complete instrument cluster from a race project ST2 1997.
I would only use the oil press warning, neutral and possibly a tacho if I find one that works.
Temp indicator would remain connected but relocated.
Would the bike run properly without all the instrument harnesses connected?

On the same note, I need to remove a faulty tacho from a monster 900Sie and send it for repair.
Would that stop me from using the bike?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Provided you bypass the key lock ignition I dont see why it would be an issue. Even with the lock I think you're ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: gundj

·
Registered
570 Posts
I´m considering removing the complete instrument cluster from a race project ST2 1997.
I would only use the oil press warning, neutral and possibly a tacho if I find one that works.
Temp indicator would remain connected but relocated.
Would the bike run properly without all the instrument harnesses connected?

On the same note, I need to remove a faulty tacho from a monster 900Sie and send it for repair.
Yes it will run okay. A 1997 does not have an immobiliser.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Definitely will not stop you using the bike.

The ECU uses the crank position sensor for timing for the fuel and various maps.
The signal to the tacho is an output from the ECU and purely for the rider to observe and make gear decisions.

Reactions: gundj

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot for your quick answers :)
Follow up question, Any recommendations for an aftermarket tachometer that would work well on an ST2?
The idea being to have only that and the LCD display.
There is a lot from China for no money at all, but I do not mind paying for quality if need be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts