Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Before you even think of asking - NO - the bike has never been down - NO DAMAGE HISTORY whatsoever.

Then it isn't his bike :rolleyes:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Before you even think of asking - NO - the bike has never been down - NO DAMAGE HISTORY whatsoever.

Then it isn't his bike :rolleyes:
Thats frickin halarious!

The bike is not one of his actual race bikes but a replica they made to look like one of the factory bikes(meaning Xaus himself) and they did a damn good job I wonder how well or what went into the motor. I imagine he had a good hook up for the parts....:eek:

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Wow, unbelieveable!!! magnesium Corse swing arm....even the little depression in the tank for the helmet chin bar to sit down in....nice bike! Worth $$$$$ how much for replica....:eek: but alot of very nice and expensive touches.

·
Registered
273 Posts
This thing has been on ebay before. $121K, give me a break, he could have bought a real 998RS for that amount of money.

This bike has almost no real 998RS parts on it, what a joke.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Standard clutch slave cylinder? It could be like that for authenticity - don't the WSB bikes run the standard clutch slave cylinder?? :p

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Some people pay retail for everything because it's pocket change to them and they want it NOW. I'm trying to keep mine under 80k...lol I posted a link to this very bike months ago. It's cool...I'd definitely love to park it in my garge.

But don't worry, Tye will be along any minute to explain everything that's wrong with it and why it's not a real RS. :cool:

·
Banned
344 Posts
HA! Tye likes to talk shit about expensive bikes and remind us AGAIN that he is broke and there's no use for a bike like that. Some of his homo friends on the forums like to support him on that. I say BS! :D I have seen this bike up close. I thought about buying it. I talked to the guy who built it. I believe he was a Corse mechanic. It DOES have a lot of Corse parts on it but it also has a some standard parts on in. I believe the frame is standard but not 100% sure. The bike is bad ass up close. I'm sure if you went through the whole bike and added up every single titanium bolt at full retail you would be in the $200K range but I'm sure the owner didn't pay retail for every single bolt. He is a friend of the owner of KC International Motorsports in San Antonio so I'm sure he got the hookup. ;) I could see spending $20K - $25K on the bike but I would have a hard time justifying more than that without really riding it or removing the fairing and getting down into the bike. It really is a sweet bike though. I'd like for the builder to do a similar treatment on my 998R......Corse radiators,Corse swingarm and tank. Someone needs to buy this bike and ride the hell out of it. :cool: Oh..... and I wouldn't bitch about the clutch slave. If it's on there, there's a reason and it wasn't cause they ran out of money. ;) I have more pics if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oh, I so want this bike! This is everything my wannabe 998 is trying to be and more.

All the guy talks about is how much the stickers and the clear coat costed him.
What I want to know is, if it comes with a real RS's maintenance schedule of an engine rebuild every 450kms...

Obviously, I should know this if I'm interested, as he puts it...

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
I'm sure if you went through the whole bike and added up every single titanium bolt at full retail you would be in the $200K range but I'm sure the owner didn't pay retail for every single bolt. He is a friend of the owner of KC International Motorsports in San Antonio so I'm sure he got the hookup. ;) I could see spending $20K - $25K on the bike but I would have a hard time justifying more than that
No doubt!
You could have Boyd's ghost build you a hot rod for less and it's not like it was owned by a legend or anything;)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I wonder how huge this threads going to get when Tye does actually post a reply?!?!?

·
Registered
516 Posts
yea it would be hard to justify spending big money on it with the lack of details in the auction listing but hell yea 20K seems a no brainer

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
is there anything tye doesn't have an opinion on ?????

chuck norris + ken rockwell = Tye:abduct:

·
Registered
273 Posts
While the bike is a nicely modified 998 streetbike, it is not a 998RS and has almost no visible 998RS Corse specification parts.

Frame: No, stock 998 streetbike frame

Swingarm: while it is magnesium, it is not 998RS. A 998RS has a large Corse spec. rear axle/hub/swing-arm

Forks: No, it has Ohlins R/T forks. A 998RS would have real Ohlins Superbike forks.

Triple clamps: No, it has mag.narrow-track non-adjustable triple clamps. A 998RS has wide-track triple clamps that are adjustable for offset.

Wheels: No, it has standard streetbike magnesium Marchesinis. A 998RS has a wide-track front wheel with a Corsa brake bolt pattern, and a large hub rear wheel.

Brakes: No, it has Brembo solid narrow-band front rotors and a standard rear brake rotor. A 998RS would have vented front brake rotors, and a floating rear brake rotor.

Exhaust system: No, it has maybe a 54mm Termignoni exhaust. A 998RS has a 60mm Termignoni system.

If you were to park this bike next to a real factory 998RS, the differences between the two would be very evident.

The other thing is what do you do with this bike? You can't ride it on the street, as it has no street equipment. It's no longer competitive as a racebike.

It has no real collector value, as it is not a real Corse bike, and Xaus never raced it. I guess that it is kind of a interesting track-bike, but you could get a 1098R for the same money and have something that works much better at the track.

·
Registered
342 Posts
While the bike is a nicely modified 998 streetbike, it is not a 998RS and has almost no visible 998RS Corse specification parts.

Frame: No, stock 998 streetbike frame

Swingarm: while it is magnesium, it is not 998RS. A 998RS has a large Corse spec. rear axle/hub/swing-arm

Forks: No, it has Ohlins R/T forks. A 998RS would have real Ohlins Superbike forks.

Triple clamps: No, it has mag.narrow-track non-adjustable triple clamps. A 998RS has wide-track triple clamps that are adjustable for offset.

Wheels: No, it has standard streetbike magnesium Marchesinis. A 998RS has a wide-track front wheel with a Corsa brake bolt pattern, and a large hub rear wheel.

Brakes: No, it has Brembo solid narrow-band front rotors and a standard rear brake rotor. A 998RS would have vented front brake rotors, and a floating rear brake rotor.

Exhaust system: No, it has maybe a 54mm Termignoni exhaust. A 998RS has a 60mm Termignoni system.

If you were to park this bike next to a real factory 998RS, the differences between the two would be very evident.

The other thing is what do you do with this bike? You can't ride it on the street, as it has no street equipment. It's no longer competitive as a racebike.

It has no real collector value, as it is not a real Corse bike, and Xaus never raced it. I guess that it is kind of a interesting track-bike, but you could get a 1098R for the same money and have something that works much better at the track.
Very informative post, and accurate evaluation. :cool:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts